Account Statements in client control panel

I have taken some time to read through previous queries similar to this, @DougFlo for example, so I think I know what the answer is going to be. Anyway, here goes - is it possible for the client to produce a statement using custom dates from within the client control panel? If the answer is no, is this intended to be considered at all in the future? I have a number of clients who like to be able to review their transactions with us over the months and years - i.e. they have the ability to specify start and finish date for their statements so they can view ALL of their transactions!

At what point does a statement in the client control panel get replaced and how does that happen?

Jonathan

The client statement always uses real-time information so it can in theory go back to the first issued invoice. Adding date controls for the client would be trivial as far as I’m aware.

I will put this forward to our development team and we’ll keep you posted.

What I am trying to achieve is for the client to see ALL their transactions over a period of say a year (or more). The current setup will only produce a statement in their client area for the past 30 days. So, here’s a couple of queries:

If a statement is produced each month including on a recurring basis, do these ALL get logged as individual statements in the client area so they can look back through them? So if one is produced monthly do they get a build up of monthly statements to view.

If “yes”, is there any way we can produce a statement and post it to the client area without an email being generated?

I am trying to put a number of invoices on to the system for the past 10 months - invoices that have already been issued using another system - and ideally would like it to be seamless so no emails get sent again.

regards

Jonathan

ps - like the automatic scheduling of statements though - very good!

You can actually change the duration of the statement:

You can from there PDF it and send by email

Statements aren’t kept like invoices and estimates (as far as I’m aware anyway), but generated more ‘on the go’.
From the client control panel, I can only see the option to view a statement, but unsure of the duration of this statement.

Are you able to import them? Or maybe the bulk invoice creator would be a good idea? Otherwise, you can just ‘mark as sent’ and that prevents any further emails being sent (providing you tag them too - that was no ‘overdue reminders’ get sent either)

Not quite, when a statement is produced in PDF format or sent automatically on a recurring basis it’s just a snapshot of the data at that point in time, nothing get’s saved or updated.

The web view of the statement from the administrators point of view and the client’s point of view is essentially the same thing. I believe it’s just defaulted to a rolling 30 days. The only difference is on the admin view you can modify the range, which you can’t do on client side as the date fields are hidden.

You can just go ahead and input the invoices, if any of these reside in the last 30 days they will show on the client’s statement view, but nothing will get emailed to them.

@Jonathan we have now added the date/period filtering controls to the client dashboard within the statement view. Your clients will now be able to view historic data on their statements as per their own date range or period.

1 Like

Excellent, just what I was hoping for. Thank you very much for getting this initiated and set up.

regards

Jonathan

1 Like