Dear all,
I started a limited company and came across Quickfile. Just wondering:

1. If there are real accountants(persons) who could help me in setting
    up Quickfile and help me running and do the legal stuff. I know
    several accountants exist but they seem to use their own
    software/cloud accounting. Anyone associated with Quickfile or
    Quickfile recommends. Obviously, I need them to be cost effective
    too as I am start up.
  2. If such accountants exist, does a mechanism exists that allow me to share Quickfile and bank details to meet legal requirements? Sharing Quickfile and bank details- is it a safe practice?
    Many thanks for your help.
    Solar
1 Like

Hello!

When you log into QuickFile, you have ads on the right hand side. Above that, there’s a button about accounting services. If you click this button, fill in a couple of details, then several accountants (where available) will get in touch with you.

I’ve used it before and they were really quick coming back to me and very helpful - so give it a go! :smile:

As for your second point of sharing details, QuickFile has another side called Affinity, which allows an accountant to access your account safely and securely. But if you contact them as per the above, I’m sure they’ll explain all this to you.

If you need further help, or if I’ve completely missed the point (more than likely on a Sunday morning!), simply post back! :slight_smile:

Should just add as a note - QuickFile offers a year end service which will check your accounts and file them for you. There used to be a set up service, but I’m not sure if this I still available. Perhaps @PeterK could advise on that, or any other services QuickFile offers

Parker,
Thank you. Would seek Accountants help from the ads. I am just wondering sharing with the Accountant- is it not standard practice and included in other softwares? Who pays for Affinity- me or the accountant? I suspect the cost of Affinity must be so that it covers the cost of ‘free Quickfile’ and on par with other softwares?
Many thanks,
Solar

Your accountant would need to see some sort of data from your account to be able to submit the forms required (HMRC, Companies House etc). I’ve not used other accounting software if I’m honest - I found QuickFile and stuck to it, but I believe it is a standard practice for other software to share access. There are a few users on here who do it.

Correct, although it may be worth just casting your eyes over the pinned topic at the top of the forum regarding changes to prices (only affects large and extra large accounts)

You don’t actually need to share any bank details either, all your accountant would see is the transactions in Quickfile, which would be the same as showing them your bank statements so your bank details are never handed over to them.

If you sign up with an accountant who uses Affinity you can disallow access if required, and you can see when your accountant has logged in and see any changes they may have made.

1 Like

Thanks Lurch and Parker,
So I need to find an Accountant who uses Affinity (and Quickfile).Who pays for Affinity though?
Many thanks

Affinity is billed to the accountant, as they pay by account size and number of users.

At a guess, I’d say they’d include it as part of their fees. I’d recommend raising the enquiry via the dashboard (as mentioned above), and see what they come back with. It may vary from accountant to accountant, so you could always put the question to them directly

Thanks Parker,
Guess I need someone Accountant for full monty. I started the compnay in March 2013, however nothing happened until Apr 2014. There are some transactions (less than 100), turnover less than 50k. Going forward, I would like right structure such how to many myself (as I am not paid during the period), pension other options etc.
Thanks for your advice, used the Ads and asked for quotations.
Many thanks again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.