Amending VAT in purchases

Hi there

I am running through the receipts for all purchases to double check VAT amounts. Many do not match the receipts.

Is there a quick way of amending these amounts from the purchases screen or do i have to delete and start again by adding receipts to hub? I read your feed on this topic. When i manually change the VAT amount it alters the balance which i have already allocated to an expense account. When i manually change the amount back to correct amount, it changes the VAT back to the incorrect amount.

Does this make sense?

many thanks
Vanessa

HI @vmansergh, you can modify purchases by going to the Purchase Management screen and clicking on View/Edit:

Next click Modify:

Out of hundreds of receipts I have had from many different suppliers of all shapes and sizes I have to amend 2, possibly even as many as 3 invoices. If most of yours are wrong it sounds like there is another issue somewhere.

I have tried to modify the VAT amount but it changes the balance total which is the correct amount. What can i do?

Food receipts for example often have different VAT amounts which do not fall under the 20%, 7% or 5% options.

thanks
Vanessa

In the advanced features section (account settings menu) turn on the following option:

You can then overide the VAT amounts to exactly what you need. You can also configure your own custom sales/purchase VAT rates in the advanced features area.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.