Attach Documents to Client or Supplier Cards

Any chance this is on the horizon ? this would be really useful for our business.

John

Any update on this feature ?

Unfortunately there’s no movement on this at the moment. However, we will update this topic as soon as there is news. If your account is set to, as soon as we update the topic you will receive an email.

1 Like

this would be extremely useful.

thanks Nikki

A post was merged into an existing topic: Emailing a document

This would be very useful! I hope you can sort this soon :slight_smile:

Today we have implemented an update to allow for custom folders. You can find out more here.

This was a necessary pre-requisite before looking at the original feature request around associating document to specific client/supplier records. We will be looking at this further in the new year.

Would be quite useful to be able to upload files to a specific supplier details page. Just as you can for invoices.

I have one that has just sent a file that needs to be filled in for every order. I’m 100% sure I will lose this file and so it would be useful (for me :slight_smile: ) to upload it to quickfile.

Come to think of it there are numerous files that would be useful stored on quickfile supplier accounts - shipping docs, their quotes / estimates and general files.

@mulready I’ve moved your post to this existing topic as I think it’s inline with what you’re looking for.

We are still committed to fulfilling this request although it was pushed back a little. We will provide updates here as soon as we can move forward.

This would be very hand as a few of our clients have particular declarations thy have to sign and at the moment i have to attach it to each individual invoice if i can attach it to the clients file i only need to do it once

Is there any update on this as I now need to find a solution to providing documents to my customers for easy access and dont really want to direct them to yet another site to log in for different information

Hi @Ashden

There are no updates here I’m afraid, but we’ll be sure to update you here should anything change.

Thats a shame as I’ve always rated Quickfile and have always referred my clients to use it but as an Affinity user, if this isnt something that you are planningto do over 4 years after it was initially requested then unfortunately I will have no choice but to change for my practice and move my clients across as well

Just so I can understand the context a little bit better, from an accounting perspective, what types of documents would you look to store against a client or supplier?

As an accountant we would want to be able to upload the following into the clients dashboard so that they have access to them:
Client letter of engagement
Signed Accounts & Tax returns
Letters informing the client of their tax liability, payment due dates and potentially details of how they can make payment
Some other relevant correspondence i.e. late payment reminders

Most of this would be in PDF format

Ok, so for you it’s more from the Affinity perspective you’d be doing it rather than in an individual QuickFile account?

I think some of this could be covered with the Affinity workspace area (more details here).

Late payment notices can already be sent out through the credit control facility by email. More details on this can be found here.

No it isnt really through Affinity as that only applies to any clients that use Quickfile and that we are linked to. We still have other clients not using Quickfile that are therefore not on Affinity and as such we would want this through our own individual Quickfile account. Unless you are going to allow us to start uploading all client on to Affinity and not charge for those that done actually use the bookkeeping system.

The late payment reminders I was referring to was for late payment of tax not our own invoices

agree with this it would be useful

I would very much like this too :slight_smile:

Hi @S4lly

You can now add your support for this by clicking the “Vote” button at the top of the page.