Bank Tagging, Matching Bank Transfers (Paypal Merchant Account)

I have an issue, i am trying to tag bank transfers from merchant account to current account, this works fine if the transfer hits the other account in 1 or 2 days it matches them (so it doesnt duplicate), however the way that paypal works, the review alot of withdrawals and some times this can take up to 7 days from the transfer out of paypal to hit the current account,

on the tagging screen (tag as transfer between accounts) if this is the case it automatically creates the transfer with out confirmation. i then have to untag it as it may end up being a duplicate if the transfer was being reviewed, also being able to have it search to match transactions that may have been reviewed for about 10 days would also be very helpful.

Normally one would just be able to cope with direct tagging the transfers from the current account statement, but we transfer to 2 or 3 accounts (one being personal) (and when i dont have the option not to tag the transfer when there is no match to the first account it is a pain as i need to go untag and the try it against one of the other accounts or search the current account statement in another tab to see if its a delayed transfer)

we do this when paypal starts reviewing transactions to one bank as the other normally go through quicker, that or if the funds are required to be used by 2 or more people on the same day, its easier to transfer to multiple accounts, as opposed to transferring to one then transferring from that one to another.

the reason i am asking for this is that its near impossible to reconcile paypal due to multiple problems one big one being that transfers of the same amounts are across months due to the reviews, holds etc.

Its also worth noting that at the min, in the 12 month period i am working on i have 500+ of these paypal transfers, some match, some dont, its a big pain and very time consuming

The problem is the funds need to go somewhere during that interim period when it’s left PayPal and deposited to your business or personal account (i.e. they need to be accounted for).

Normally the way to handle this would be to create an additional merchant account called “PayPal Pending Withdrawals” and transfer out of PayPal into this account. When the funds hit your current account initiate a second transfer from there.

The additional withdrawals account would also allow you to track what payments are in the deferment stage.

i managed to get around it, via, having two tabs open and changing the paypal withdrawal date to the day before it hits the current account, that way i was able to link the payments, those that were those that were longer than a few days, after linking them i just changed the date back after, by clicking the date in the bank tagging screen, this seemed to be the easier option rather than creating a new holding account.