Barclays feed - loyalty reward duplicated

With the Barclays business feed, I get tiny monthly rewards. The feed imports the reward as both money and money out. It should only appear as “money in”. Thanks

Hi @loothi

I’ve asked a colleauge to have a look at this. We’ll update this thread so watch this space!

They most likely appeared that way on the CSV download. The bank feed exports the CSV from Barclays, loops over the transactions and enters them into your QuickFile bank account. Does your actual bank statement show these two entries? Have you tried downloading the CSV for that period?

My bank statement only shows the money-in “loyalty reward” and I’m afraid I don’t know how to read the CSV.

Note, QF was erroneous (two entries - money in and money out) from the beginning of importing Barclays to QF, in April 2014. I’ve since corrected them all. Although weird thing, if I deleted the “money-out” record, the “money-in” record was also deleted - most of the time.

I also noticed in the last 5 months or so QF didn’t always import those monthly “rewards” at all. (The rewards are paid monthly)

I’m sure the bank feeds are the bane of your software, so no worries, I’ll just keep an eye on it each month and reconcile manually when needs be.

Ta

Lucy

I see the problem!

You have a bank tagging rule that is posting back on itself. So the rule is saying that any bank entry with “Loyalty Reward” in the text should be posted to your current bank account, but that’s where the bank entry is getting posted anyway so you end up with a credit and a debit on the same account.

Delete the bank tagging rule and all should be fine!

1 Like

That makes a whole lot more sense. Today I tagged a bunch of the hand-entered loyalty payments and the “money-out” came back. No idea how I set that up, I couldn’t do that if I wanted to. Fixed now. Sorry about that and many thanks for your help (as always!).

1 Like