Barclays feed problems

Hi Glenn, wondered if you made any progress on the your theories on ‘why some feeds intermittently fail on particular accounts’?

Still seems to happen quite frequently to me, and as of this morning I haven’t had an update since 03/10

Hi Glenn

Just to add another user to the list without Barclays overnight feeds. Ours has not worked since 30 Sept.

Regards, Andy

Yes there is one pattern that seems to be emerging. If you log into Barclays there is an option to show/hide the export box. Accounts that frequently fail appear to have either removed this box from the dashboard (so the parser must take a different, longer route) or the box is minimised.

This is only a theory at the moment, bank feeds are a bit of an imperfect science. We are looking to add a snapshot facility to our feed that will give us a clear indication of why feeds fail…In the mean time try this!

I have also manually pulled in the feed for you, oddly when we do this it never fails :smile:

@ahowe your feed is up to date. Did you change anything yesterday?

Hi Glenn, thanks for the response.
I discovered the manual feed option via Chrome and used that instead - which worked just fine. There were no new transactions yesterday, so I will keep an eye on it.
Regards, Andy

Sure, let me know if the feed doesn’t update.

Hi Glenn, our Barclays feed had worked fine since the last hiccup in October. But now we’ve had no updates since 18 November. Nothing has been changed with our feed settings or on the Barclays sign-in page. Any suggestions please?
The manual feed option in Chrome works OK, but I prefer the automatic method.
Regards, Andy

our feed also didn;t run Glenn, and I checked again on ibank to ensure it had that widget in place.
thanks
Darren

The feed doesn’t run on Monday mornings. There’s nothing to pickup from the banks as statements don’t get updated on the weekend. The feed is scheduled to run again tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.

1 Like

Hi there Glen

Many thanks for your help. All now O.K.

Herbert

My Barclays feed has not worked since the end of may - any assistance would be greatly appreciated

@AFR there is no passcode and memorable word configured on your Barclays accounts. You will need to do this first before Quick File can connect to your feed.

Please refer to the section Setting up a Passcode and Memorable Word

http://help.quickfile.co.uk/main/1/barclays_bank_feed.htm

My Barclays feed didnt work for about 6 days then started last week and now hasnt updated for about 7 days.
I have not changed anything on here or my Barclays account.

Can someone have a look as i didi start to import manually but then when the feed works i have to remove all the duplicates.

@newboroughkidz I’ve just run the feed for you now. Not sure why it never run we’re looking into this.

Glenn

Still no luck with this and I have entered as per instructions

@AFR your account still hasn’t been configured for passcode and memorable word login. Try it yourself, go to your Barclays login screen, enter your customer number and surname…the proceeding screen requests the last card numbers and pin-sentry number. There is no option on your account for passcode login.

What can I say - worked perfectly for almost two years and then stopped in April. Tried to reset as per instruction but has not worked. I can access my banka ccounts but not obtain a feed.

Barclays did do some passcode reset type thing the other month so maybe they have removed this option for some reason, perhaps if you haven’t reset your passcode they have removed the option?

Glenn that worked but it is still not auto updating

Unfortunately the feed didn’t run correctly at 3am so we started it up at 8am, this was due to some changes we introduced yesterday that caused an issue. By 11ish it should be done so please check then.

The feed will stabilise next week, we’ve made quite a few improvements over these last couple of days so we will get there.