Can I add vat to a purchase from the receipt hub?

Hi

I use the receipt hub allot but is there a way of adding the VAT to the purchase at the point you add it from the receipt hub? I have gone into it manually after and added the VAT but thought it would be much easier if I could do it at the point of inputting it from the receipt hub.

Thanks

Marie

Not sure what you are doing but when you tag the documents in the receipt hub then you fill in all of the relevant boxes, gross totals are entered and the VAT worked out automatically but you can alter this if required and change the VAT rate.

Only thing that might make it operate differently is if you have maybe got your business set as not being VAT registered when it should be, or maybe you have set the incorrect type of VAT accounting?

1 Like

Yes VAT will be there as an option providing the VAT accounting feature in your account is switched on (See Account Settings >> Company Settings).

Don’t turn VAT accounting on if you’re not VAT registered this would cause problems with your accounts. If you’re not VAT registered always just record the gross amount.

Hi

I have it set for VAT in my settings but nothing relating to vat comes up when I enter the receipt. My screen looks like this: I enter it then have to go manually to the purchase and tick the allow vat section.

Are you on Flat Rate VAT? That’s the only other reason it would be hidden. In most cases you can’t reclaim VAT on the Flat Rate scheme.

Hello

Many Thanks I had the flat rate box ticked so have unticked it and solved the problem!

Many Thanks

Marie :smile:

1 Like