Category changes on Sales Invoices

Help. I have setup the quick file system so that different sales items automatically get booked to different categories rather than just General Sales when the invoice is first created. Everything was working great. But recently I find that when I edit an existing sales invoice some of the categories change to General Sales. I have to re-allocate each item every time I amend a sales invoice. Any ideas on what could have gone wrong

Hi @harry

I’ve tried to replicate this but I’m not able to. Are you able to walk me through what you’re doing please and hopefully we can help you further?

Hi

Thanks for response. I have a number of quickfile accounts, one for each company. This problem started happening with only one of the accounts recently. The category change to ‘general sales’ happens with several categories every time I open an invoice and click on Modify invoice. I do not have to edit the the invoice for above problem to occur. It is very strange

@harry would you kindly send a private message to either @QFMathew or me with the exact invoice number you are seeing this and we’ll take a look.

Also when you say…

I have setup the quick file system so that different sales items automatically get booked to different categories

Have you done this using inventory items?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.