Client message area

Hi allHi all

I have today looked over the client area and noticed that the message section gives the impression that a customer can send me a message from here. However there is no create message button. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Si

Hi Simon

I believe this feature is linked to invoices and estimates. Clients can ‘query statement’ for example:

And estimates:

And Invoices

They can send a message to you by clicking the email link on the main client dashboard:

This opens up a new messaging window:

I had a quick look at the client dashboard after seeing this post the other day and totally missed that after hunting round for it. I would suggest that this is made a bit more prominent, particularly on the actual messages page.

I would also recommend making it say ‘send a message’ rather than it looking like a mailto link as that’s probably why I skipped over it. I would expect clicking that to open my mail client and compose a new email, not for it to open an internal messaging portal.

Yes I agree that this needs to be changed to either say “Send a message” or “Contact us”. Also we will add a similar button on the message overview screen.

1 Like

There is, of course, another work around which we have used to good effect.

If you impersonate one of your customers temporarily to gain access to your customer’s dashboard. At the bottom, in the section where it says “contact us” hover your mouse over your contact email address and copy the link address.

Next, go to your OWN admin dashboard - ACCOUNT SETTINGS/DESIGN CUSTOMISATION/EXPRESS BANNER DESIGN

Scroll down and ADD A NEW MENU ITEM.

I have called mine Contact Support. Paste the code you copied into the URL field, but remove the “https://yourdomain.quickfile.co.uk” and just leave the “/secure/ca/comms/newMail.aspx?recipientID=XXXXXX” section.

This will then create a menu item that says Contact Support and when your customer clicks on it, will open up the internal email client and send you a “support ticket” email.

Happy accounting!

Russ G
Diggo Media

1 Like

@DiggoMedia That’s a good work-around, something that never actually occurred to me.

We’ve made a few cosmetic changes to the client area which includes a clearer “Send Message” button and another such button within the message list area. I’m hoping these changes will go live tomorrow, subject to a final round of testing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.