Collect by Direct Debit Failed

Hi All,

We have recently set up a new Direct Debit mandate for a client along with a reoccurring invoice. This has worked fine and the next invoice payment is showing as pending in our GoCardless dashboard.

At the same time I also used the ‘Collect by Direct Debit’ feature for the previous outstanding invoice for the same client. The invoice now shows ‘A request to collect the balance on this invoice will be made on 24 August 2016’ at the top of the page, however it is now the 26th and there is no record of the payment or the request in or GoCardless system?

Any ideas on how this can be rectified or how I can re-request the payment?

Thanks

Hi @ReflexCreative

If it’s pending on QuickFile, it certainly should be pending on GoCardless. Are you able to provide me with the invoice number and we can take a quick look please?

Thanks, Invoice: #0159183

Thanks!

Just taken a quick look at the Direct Debit record on your account, and it says that the request to start the process wasn’t made until the 24th.

It always takes a few days to collect the money (it can’t be done the same day, I believe there’s a delay around 3-4 working days, maybe a bit longer due to the bank holiday coming up).

You should be able to find the request under ‘Payments’ on your GoCardless dashboard, or you can go directly there using this link:

GoCardlessbill-id

You can view the report from above under Reports >> All Reports >> Direct Debit Report

Hi, Thanks for being so prompt… My bad… for some reason ( user error :confounded:) the reoccurring invoice hadn’t been activated and I had forgotten about the Bank Holiday and assumed the one showing in GoCardless was next months invoice! Thank God it’s Friday… To the Pub!!

1 Like

No problem! We all get days like that :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.