Configure Estimate Accept or Decline email address for notifications

Hi,
We have just started making use of the excellent estimate section in Quickfile. When customers accept one only I receive the automatic message back from the system bot. I am the administrator and the only other area I can see to change an address shows it as being the actual address I would like to change it to already so this can’t be the right place to alter it.

So in summary I want to get the system bot emailing a generic group email address rather than my direct one when a customer accepts an estimate. Where can I change it?

thanks in advance.

At the moment any accepted or declined estimate notification email would go to the default admin user on the account. This would be the email you are logging in with to access the system.

Right now we don’t support any modification of this or allow group emails to be dispatched. We are however happy to consider this going forward.

For now I will update this to a feature request.

Thanks Glenn,

That would be a great feature to have. In companies with multiple sales people all doing estimates I think its important that the acceptance can go at the very least to the person who created the quotation, better still a group so that you aren’t relying on one person seeing it and actioning.

Cheers

Hi Glenn,

I don’t suppose you have taken this any further have you?

Using QF with multiple sales people is proving tricky as it is. Different people are generating estimates and if they get approved and I miss the notification email whilst out of office I’m then relying on the message centre to show someone of the acceptance but again once one person has read it it can get missed by the relevant person.

thanks

Would be happy to look at some options here. How about if we configured a specific email address to send estimate conversion notices to, would that work? Sending to all team members may be problematic due to possible privilege restrictions.

Yes Glenn that would be perfect. Our ‘sales@’ group email address will notify all team members.

OK I will add this to our short term planner. I expect that we will be able to implement within 2 weeks, although I will keep you posted!

1 Like

I would really appreciate this as well :slight_smile:

I’ve also always wanted outgoing quotes/estimates to be sent from the person who created them but I appreciate the difficulty with this.

Richard

@w9gga, @u4h37u

I’m pleased to confirm that we have now added a configurable email address for estimate accept/decline notifications.

Please see here for more details

Fantastic - really appreciate the update Glenn.

You guys are awesome.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.