Date on receipt is different to the date the money left my account on bank statement

Ok, so my receipt will come through with and order and the date on it will be he date I made the order (say the 8th).

However on the bank statement it shows the money leaving my account on the 10th.

To show this on quickfile do I put the receipt date as the 8th and the payment date as the 10th in the purchase details, or do I put both dates as the 8th and essentially ignore the date on the bank statement?

Hi @lacquer

You should record the date that’s on the invoice if you have one, or if it’s from somewhere such as Tesco or Argos, the date of the receipt us possible (as you’re not normally provided with an invoice).

However, when it comes to marking it as paid, use the date on your bank statemen for the transaction.

Hope that helps

Thank you, so receipt date is the one on the invoice or receipt, and then in the little payment section, mark the payment date as the one on the bank statement

1 Like

That’s correct :slight_smile:

So, for example if the receipt date is 30th November, enter the invoice date as 30th November.

If the money doesn’t leave your bank until 1st December, you enter the payment date as 1st December.