Delete allocated credit notes

I cannot delete the credit note CN00014, I have tried deleting the invoice that is was paid down to but there is payments against that too, so I have tried to de-tag the payments and that did not work as there was a credit note and could not de-tag as there was existing credit notes, please can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I suspect that you have used the credit note against another invoice which would prevent you from deleting it.

Do you know if this is the case?

Hi,

Yes it has been used against another invoice, I did read else where that if I delete the invoice that the credit note was used against, then this would release the credit note to be used for something else/edited/deleted however I cannot delete the invoice as there has been a bank payment allocated against the same invoice, I cannot detag the payment as there is a credit note against the invoice… hope that makes sense…

Thanks for your help

@jayjoynson I think you may have navigated yourself into a cul-de-sac here.

If you’re OK to hold on until Monday I shall have one of our devs take a look for you.

Monday will be fine and thanks for looking into this.

We’ve had a look at this and this credit note is used to pay down another invoice, that invoice is then inturn credit noted again. The chain looks like this:

#QF01654 --> #CN00014  -->  #QF01752  --> #CN00025 (£-47.80) ( Refund still held on account)

If you like we can remove the credit note but it will have a cascading effect on the above mentioned invoices marking them again as unpaid. Let me know if you’d like us to remove that credit note?

@Glenn if you could remove it that would be great thanks

Apologies for the delay, we have now rolled back the credit note for you.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.