Duplicated purchases and receipts on my banking

I’ve been going through the last 18 months worth of banking and have found several duplicated invoices e.g. two payments from the same client on the same date for the same amount but with two different invoices. How do I rectify this without getting rid of any information or banking details?

If there are two payments on the bank then presumably your bank balance in QuickFile isn’t matching your actual balance? Usually you can just delete one of the duplicates directly from the bank (choose the untagged one if possible).

When you delete a payment on the bank that is linked to an invoice it will revert the status of that invoice to unpaid and add it on to your dashboard amount owed/due. So you just need to remember to delete the invoice too.

But if both payments are tagged and have different invoice numbers then how do I know which one is correct and which one to get rid of? Would it be easier starting the banking and tagging again and going through them from the beginning?

Either one should be fine to delete, obviously if one has a payment that doesn’t match the date on your bank statement delete that one.

Sometimes we see people creating invoices and manually logging a payment to it (which creates an entry on the bank), then later uploading a bank statement and tagging it, thus resulting in 2 payments on the bank and 2 invoices.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.