Emailed invoices not received by clients

Hi,

I have sent quite a few invoices to the clients but seems like only 4 of them has been received and like about 20 has not been received,any help/suggestion?

Thanks,

M

How do you know they haven’t been received? Have you spoken to the client? If you’re checking the envelope icon it may be that they just haven’t clicked to open the invoice yet.

Also worth having a read here:

http://help.quickfile.co.uk/main/1/improving_email_reliability.htm

Thing is that on my list of sent invoices only few of them are shown as opened but not the others,I just alked to a client who did received it but in my list is shown as unopened,it would be very helpful to have the confirmation of opened invoice by the client.I’ll take a look at the link.

Thanks

Even if they received the email they would need to click the link to view before the envelope will indicate that it has been opened. Also if you go to view any invoice in detail and scroll to the bottom, it will show there who opened the invoice and when.

I went to ‘‘All invoices’’ then view/edit one invoice in detail,scrolled down to the bottom one of the invoices and cannot see who and when opened it…did I go right to ‘‘All invoices’’ or need to go somehwere else?

That sounds right to me and would indicate that they haven’t yet clicked to view the invoice, or perhaps the email was blocked. I would have a look at the link I posted earlier to see about improving email reliability.

I’ve noticed some clients never open the invoices and just pay the amount mentioned in the email. I think there’s probably quite a few people that do this on other accounts too, everyone has always paid though so I’ve never been too worried. If you want to make sure people actually log in so you can track who has seen what then edit the default template to not show the invoice summary, this way they have to log in every time.

It might have the negative effect of making people think it is too complicated though or too much hassle so it’s a trade off between ease of use or enhanced logging.

1 Like

When I create a new client do I need to click on ‘‘email the login details to the client’’ or it is enough if I clicked on ‘‘automatically create login details’’ ?

If you’re not specifically giving them account to their accounts, automatically creating the details is enough - they can still receive and view invoices (providing logging in isn’t forced).

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.