Files attached to Purchase orders corrupted

I have a major problem. I have just noticed that a many of the files that we have uploaded to the system are now corrupt. I can download them but they can’t be opened. This presents a potential nightmare for me.

Can you please look into this immediately.

Thank you.

Hi @MPF

Are you able to be me an example of an invoice or PO with corrupt files attached please, and I’ll take a quick look?

[Edit]
I’ve also found a few accounts in your name. Can you also confirm the last 4 digits of the account number please?

I went through the top 10 attached items on your purchase screen and they all opened fine for me. The .doc and .docx files I opened with Open Office, the .pdf files I opened in Acrobat.

Hi Glenn

Sorry for delay

#QF00202 on the system

Our account number ends: 8333

There is a docx attachment on this and it just says that it is corrupted after I download it.

Cheers, Tim

When I open this file in OpenOffice I don’t see any warning, it opens without issue.

However when I open in Word it complains that the file is corrupted then offers to fix it.

I confirm this action and it opens fine.

I’m not entirely sure why MS Word does this, although the files are still accessible for me. It may be down to the content-type set on download, although I’ve only ever seen this with DOC and DOCX files and specifically when opening in Word.

It’s on our list of things to look at in more detail this month.

OK thanks Glenn. Same behaviour here. Bit odd. Workaround is fine for the mo.

Cheers, Tim