Fixed assets schedule

Hi, I was wondering if it will be possible to have under reports, something that would be similar to a FA schedule i.e. showing the Fixed assets at cost, current year depreciation and the accumulated depreciation giving the NBV for each fixed asset.

It will be very handy to have this sort of report.

Many Thanks

3 Likes

Thank you for posting, I have to say it’s not something we are currently planning but we’ll leave this thread open for others to comment.

Thanks Glenn

Best
Sameera

We are likely to move ahead with the tax overview page shortly. We’re just waiting for our lead developer to return from leave.

That’s very good new thanks,
I think if you are planning to do the tax overview.

For the fixed assets schedule, its just the matter of pulling figures from the Fixed assets, current year depreciation and accumulated depreciation, figures that already exist in the system. If you could put it in a report form then that would be very helpful.

Thanks

Best, Sameera

Thanks, I will consult with our accounting dept and developers to see what can be done.

1 Like

Hi Glenn, any update on the FA schedule feature?

Thanks

Sorry, no updates here. It hasn’t really attracted a great deal of demand in comparison to other areas.

I am surprised that accountants using QF have not requested this feature, but generally for everyone its a good summary to have.
it will save time when compared to manually updating an excel spreadsheet!

I add my support for this

2 Likes

Would be very handy for affinity users or any users come to think of it…

1 Like

Currently I do my FA on an excel spreadsheet. This would be handy to have an FA register with a tool to run monthly or yearly depending on the way the accounting is done.

3 Likes

I need this. We’re using QF for the first time this time (2014/15) and I have a list of FA which need to be included and the annual depreciation recording. Is there still no way of doing this?

1 Like

Hi @Alimor

We don’t have a feature to record annual assets at the moment, but you can record the annual depreciation by using a recurring journal:
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/journals/8874#4

Hope that helps?

I’ve done a journal to include the opening balances for assets which I’ve posted to the suspense account. How/where do I move them from there so they actually show up as assets on the balance sheet?

There are a number of asset codes you can use, depending on the items themselves.

Take a look at your Chart of Accounts (COA) by going to Reports > Chart of Accounts, and expanding the ‘Assets and Liabilities’ part. That will reveal the nominal code that you need to post to.

I’ve done another journal to transfer over from the suspense account, now on the COA it shows the opening balances as debits against the relevant nominal codes. Is that right? As they are assets shouldn’t they show as credits? Sorry, the debit/credit side always confuses me! Not sure if i’ve done the Dr/Cr correct in each journal :confused:

Debit is correct - assets and expenses show as debits, liabilities and income as credits. I think of it in terms of the movement of money: the credit side is where the money came from and the debit side is where it is going to, e.g. purchasing an asset would be a credit on your bank account (the source of funds to pay for the asset) and a debit on the relevant asset nominal (what you spent the money on), a sale would be a credit on general sales (the source of the money) and a debit on the bank account (where the money went), etc.

And yes, in the case of bank accounts this is back-to-front compared to what you’re used to on a bank statement, because that shows the bank’s view of you rather than your view of the bank.

Thanks Ian. These assets aren’t showing on the balance sheet though, not sure what I’ve done wrong there.

I see a set of journals on your account Assets - tx opening balances for 01/07/2014.

However they’re completely cancelled out by another set of journals Opening Balances 2014/15 - Assets posted on 30/06/2014.

I know the credit/debit thing can be confusing. Although for an account to appear as an Asset on your balance sheet it must be a Debit on the Chart of Accounts.