Four character limit on bank tagging rules

Any way round this so i can auto tag my O2 bills ?

Where are you seeing this limit? If post a screenshot, that would be great :slight_smile:

Edit: I see the limit now. I’m not sure what an o2 payment shows up as on a bank statement. Are you able to give an email or anything? Maybe someone can suggest a work around for you?

Are we talking about bank tagging rules here?

It’s set to 4 characters because if it were too short it might end up doing something crazy like auto-tagging half your bank account by mistake. 2 characters isn’t sufficiently distinctive to mitigate this risk.

I have a few O2 transactions on my bank. I could auto-tag them with a rule like O2 GED2241

My tranactions (DD) just appear as O2

Could you not remove the limit for an “exact match” (Ok I know, not unless it is a 5 minute job and with SW as complex as QF I suspect that nothing is a 5 minute job!)

If they all appear as ‘O2 GED’ you can do a match on this, like so:

Unfortunately there is no “Exact Match” formula, if there were it would probably be easy to address. We’d need to add this first which would take a some time to implement and test.

For now I can convert this thread to a “Feature Request” so if others add their vote and support this idea we can revisit it.

I appreciate this is a very old feature request, but is there any update on the Exact Match suggestion? Or alternatively any way I can match the (very frequent) invoices from my supplier 20i, which appear from the bank statement as exactly that: “20i” ?

Still support it! - But this resurrected thread makes me realise I have been a very happy user of Quickfile for almost 10 years! ::