GoCardless cap charges passed on

Is it possible to set the GoCardless to card the 2% and cap it at £2 if it gets that high since that is GoCardless T&C’s

I’d be interested to know first how many people are actually looking to pass on GoCardless charges? I really didn’t expect this to be common?

I do see why people pass on card handling charges (particularly credit card) as cards tend to be used for high volume transactions and can quickly accrue costs. GoCardless on the otherhand tends to be used less frequently but for higher value items/services.

I’m generally against this idea as it breaks from the model and would set a precedent for emulating pricing formats for other payment providers… I can see it getting messy!

The option to add the charge on is already there and i have set it to the 2% but they won’t charge more than £2 so i would want to make sure a bill for £101 does not charge more than £2 because of percentage

Hi Glenn

i think you misunderstand what i meaning, the option to pass on the charge is there already but the option to cap the charge to maximum of £2 is not, the maximum cap of £2 is gocardless feature so i don’t want to issue bill for £1000 and the customer gets charge of £20 which would only have been £2

but at the same time i do not want to charge £2 for a small £10 invoice which only be 20p charge

I understand what you mean and I know how GoCardless fees work. As far as I am aware it’s not a straight forward implementation what you’re suggesting.

Let me have a think on this one, there may be a quick way can sort this, I’d need to check with a colleague.

EDIT 1:

I think if we just cap to a max of £2 for GC charges that will work fine! My doubt was around adding a setting to invoke this behaviour however I can’t imagine why anyone would want to charge more than they are being charged for processing GC payments.

I’ve updated this to “Planned”

EDIT 2:

Pleased to say that this has now been implemented!

2 Likes

Excellent thank you glenn that was my intention not to pass on more than what i am being charged but i am glad you have put the cap on it now :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.