Google Calendar Save Invoice date

Would it be possible to add the invoice date to a Google Calendar Account.
I have a window Cleaning business and use Google Calendar to schedule work it would be great if I could set up draft invoices and add the delivery date (invoice date ) to my Google Calendar

Hi @Dsalkeld

It may be worth having a look at Zapier. QuickFile can be linked to Zapier to trigger events like these when an invoice is created.

http://www.Zapier.com

Let me know if you need help setting it up

Our own Google Calendar integration will allow you to add the “Due Date” not the “Issue Date”. Zapier should however allow you to achieve this.

Hi Support team.
I have looked at Zapier. Bit complicated at the moment.
Thanks for your help

Hi @Dsalkeld

When you say a “bit complicated at the moment”, would you like me to post a step by step guide on setting this up? I actually have this set up on my test account from when Zapier was first introduced, so I’m more than happy to share it :wink:

Yes please, maybe it will get the penny to drop :smiley:

No problem!

So, go to Zapier, set up your account, and let’s get going!

1. Add the apps
So when you first set up the account, you’ll need to add QuickFile and Google Calendar to your account. Search for both, click them, and then click ‘Continue’:

2. Start creating the zap
To start, click ‘Make a Zap!’:

3. The Trigger
Select QuickFile as the trigger app, and then select ‘New Invoice’ as the action:

At this point, you’ll need to connect your QuickFile account, and will need the following details:
a. Account number - shown in the top right hand corner of your QuickFile dashboard when you’re logged in
b. API Key - Can be found by going to Account Settings > 3rd Party Integration > API
c. App ID - You’ll need to create a new app (which is done on the same page as your API Key)

4. Document Type
Once that’s done, you can select your document type. In your case, it’s an invoice:

Once you continue, it will try to fetch an invoice for testing purposes only.

5. Select Action App
Type in ‘Google Calendar’, and select it, and select your action. A detailed event would give you more control over the event created - this may be the better option in your case.

Again, you’ll have to authorise your Google account etc for Zapier to access it.

6. Creating your event
When it comes to creating your event, you can select the fields from the QuickFile data by clicking the end button. I’ve created a random entry for client name, created on the date of the invoice:

7. Test
Lastly, it will show you an example of what it’ll try to create:

And then check out your Google Calendar:

Job done! :slight_smile:

Edit
Don’t forget to enable your Zap once you’re done. This is done in the top right hand corner:

2 Likes