Hide client messaging feature

We don’t want our clients to contact us through QuickFile. Is there any options to disable clients communication or at least remove completely from client area following links - ‘my messages’ from left menu, ‘send a message’ from control panel and ‘query invoice’ from the invoice view?

Hi @Artur, do you want your clients to be able to view invoices or no access to QuickFile at all for clients?

Hi Peter, We want our client to be able to view invoices and pay them online as this is a great feature. However we don’t want them to send messages through QuickFile. It starts making a bit of communication mess as they start contacting us that way with non accounting related issues.

There’s no way to switch this off I’m afraid. With the Power User Sub however you can probably hide it with CSS, more than happy to implement that for you if you have a subscription and give me the green light.

Yes we do have a subscription and we give you all green lights :slight_smile: Just let me know what details do you need…

OK what we will do is remove this button here:

And this left hand menu item here:

It does require a slight change on our side but we can hopefully get that implemented today.

Edit:

My Message link has gone, the Send a message button requires an update our side to remove.

Thats great! How about the “Query Invoice” button? Is it possible to remove it or it has to stay?

That can go too, in fact it has been removed if you check now.

EDIT:

Also the message button on the dashboard has now been removed.

let me know if that’s ok?

1 Like

Everything is super great! Thanks a lot! You have created a fantastic service, I absolutely love it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi again, there is still a little problem. Despite that all messaging options were disabled, I’ve received another message today. I’ve run a test and created a new account for myself and send myself an invoice. For some reason when I go to the clients area through the link received by email (as a client) I can still see all the messaging options. Which means all our clients can see those options as well. When I ‘impersonate client’ as the administrator those options disappear. Can you help please?

We will certainly look into that.

These items were hidden using style sheets so it may be that the old style sheet was somehow cached. Live it with me and we’ll get to the bottom of it.

If you go to:
Account Settings > Design Customisation

Advanced Customisation:

Select Client Area:

Add the text below to the box on the right, save and that should do it!

.trDb_SendMessage {
display: none;
}

@Artur I’ve undeleted #test2 invoice, if you don’t mind as we need to replicate this.

1 Like

Ok that should now work fine. We’ve made some changes to force the cache to clear.

Let me know if you have any further problems and feel free to delete that test invoice.

Thanks very much Glenn, now it works OK. Rgds

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.