Important changes affecting “Large” and “Extra Large” accounts

I’ve logged on this morning and can’t access my account. I didn’t think I was a large or extra large user but now I can’t access my account to check. How can I do this please?

Hi @TinyMovers

I’ll send you a private message now to get some more info. Please look out for the notification in the top right hand corner.

Because Quickfile was free, we began using the system in April 2015 as a possible alternative to Sage. However, although we like many aspects of Quickfile, it does not really allow for CIS accounting,. We have therefore decided to go back to Sage after our Year End in March 2016 (April/May to allow for finalising accounts). Although we agree the new charge is not unreasonable if we were to continue with Quickfile, must we still pay despite the fact that we will not be using the system for our next accounting period?

1 Like

@paulmuir did you receive my email? I replied to your support ticket a few days ago.

So sorry… I’ve just found your email. Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

Hi,
According to your classification my account is not an M or XL but still not able to log in without payment.
Could you help?
Regards

1 Like

I will send you a private message on the forum. Look for a green notification icon in the top right.

Just had to scroll all the way through (from the end, as I thought I’d seen it recently) to go in and find the invoice for the Power User Subscription. Seemed a bit clunky having to create my own PDF and put it in dropbox to get it into the system. A future development suggestion - provide the email as a PDF download, or, better still, have a ‘click here to add this invoice to your purchases/Receipt Hub’ link? :wink:

1 Like

You could always just use the search box. :wink:

Not surprised you didn’t though, no-one else ever seems to use it!

1 Like

Hi, I have no problem with the £45 subscription fee as I find Quick File superior to any other accounting software that I have used. The one thing that does need to improve is server response. Sometimes it takes an age to load data or respond when clicking a link to another section. Are they slow servers or is it just me as i don’t seem to have a problem anywhere else?

1 Like

@kevlinnell most of our servers are just over a year old, they are built to a high spec and we have heaps of spare capacity. I don’t believe these slow response times are caused by the servers but rather the networking in between.

What ISP are you using? I have heard of specific cases where things slow down but only for users on certain ISPs. Are the performance issues consistent across all parts of the application, or just certain pages?

1 Like

Hi,
just wanted to add my two pence worth to the discussion.
so far I have been pleased with quick file and whilst I agree that the new price is value for money and you need to charge to develop, what I really didn’t appreciate is the lack of advance warning. I received no communication about fee introduction, when it was going to happen and that I would effectively be locked out of my account unless I pay up. I feel duped and a little held to ransom.
The first notification I had was when I tried to log into my account and was asked to pay up.
I deferred for 7 days whilst I had a think about it and I think I would rather go back to using excell, even if it means starting again from scratch.

I am a very small business, its just me gardening, I occasionally buy and sell on a few plants to my regular customers for a small profit, I only just tipped into the Large category as I have been upgrading/replacing/servicing my tools and equipment, all my renewals come out in Feburary also which didn’t help.
If my usage dips back below the 1000 mark which I expect it will this month will my account be unlocked or will I still have to pay despite no longer being in the large bracket.

Regards

Caz

1 Like

Hi @Caz_Wakelin

The announcement for the new fees were announced back in August, and was publisied on our forums (as you can see here), social media, and on the account dasboard itself.

Although the system will block access to the account if you go over 1,000 ledger entries and will prevent you gaining access, we won’t completely block you out of your account. We have helped (and will continue to help) many users gain access to their accounts whether that’s from managing their entries more effectively or access to old data should they wish to close their account.

If your usage falls below the 1000 mark, your account will become free and accessible automatically.

If you have any queries about your account in particular, please feel free to send me a private message (click my name and click ‘message’) with your account number, and I’ll happily help.

I hope that clears it up a bit for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, can you please unlock my account so I can make changes to bring my usage down please, any suggestions are welcome.

So far I’m planning to change my invoices to one line, I have been using a line for every day worked in a month rather than hours worked in a month.

Any set expenses yearly rather than monthly
filling all expenses under one receipt entry for the month.

I think that should be more than enough to bring it back under 1000 as I am only at 1021 entries.

account number 6131441112

1 Like

@Caz_Wakelin Your account has already dropped down to medium, so you should be able to get in without needing any subscription. If you’re logged in right now, please log out first and back in to regain access.

1 Like

Hi @Glenn, can you pease unlock my account, I want to use size M. I have only about 210 invoice.

account number: 6131468750

thank you

1 Like

Hi @MagC

I’ve just taken a look at your account, and an see that it does fall into the L category, so you would require a Power User Subscription.

The nominal ledger count takes more than just invoices into consideration, I recommend taking a look at this article:
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/account-size-explained/8781

1 Like

I can’t check my account, because if I log in I have on information about payment :frowning:
How can I chang for size M. I use at the moment your program only for invoicing.

1 Like

I’ll send you a private message to get some account details from you.

Look for a green notification in the top right hand corner.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.