Important changes affecting “Large” and “Extra Large” accounts

Thank you @CaptainNick we really appreciate the positive feedback and the recommendations you have made.

The ledger item count isn’t affected greatly by running the y/e process. If you go into your Chart of Accounts and drill down on all the ledger, the count is basically the sum total of all ledger postings over a rolling 12 month period. When you run the y/e you are essentially just posting a journal, each line on the journal being a ledger entry.

Hope that makes sense!

Another vote here for the reasonableness of the charge and the excellent product and service. Thank you Glen & his team!

2 Likes

I can only echo the sentiment of the other replies. £45 a year is extremely reasonable, especially when the competition charges a minimum of £15 a month.

At first I was somewhat wary of a fully free service without any catches, but I have been very impressed with the range of features (most of which I won’t need, at least not for the foreseeable future), but above all with the level of support and the direct involvement of the founders with their client base.

Many thanks for all the hard work you’ve put into this service!

2 Likes

Glenn, i want to include my appreciation too.
I think you are doing an amazing job with QF, and its worth the £45+ VAT pa.
Also many thanks for the advance warning. It gives me plenty of time to relate this our cients

Best regards
Sameera

2 Likes

It makes sense. Affinity users pay a monthly subscription. Quickfile is a fabulous tool and support is outstanding.

EBS Voisey & Partners LLP.
Accountants.

3 Likes

Happy to pay.
No problemo.

(any discount for non VAT registered ?)

…just askin.
:smile:

2 Likes

Even though I will have to pay £45 a year I will be happy to do so. The community support section is excellent, and after using Quickfile for a year I was beginning to feel like a freeloader with not paying a penny into the coffers!

3 Likes

Its fine by me, pleased to pay and in some ways happier I am paying as it helps secure the service.

3 Likes

More than happy I’ve always said you should charge, however you need to sort this
We are currently unable to support Lloyds CSV files, please import a QIF file instead.
Lloyds are issuing two different CSV formats now and we are unable to support both.
Thats not good and is costing me time to reconcile compared to before.

Like so many others though I understand the need to charge and am surprised it has taken this long. When you do charge it will provide extra cash to ensure things mentioned above are dealt with striaght away

To be fair to @Glenn and the team, issues are usually dealt with very swifty. However, the biggest issue with all the banks (except for Barclays who at least have a feed), is they keep changing things (hence no support for Lloyds CSV anymore).

Although, this may change (fingers crossed)
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/budget-2015-commitment-to-banking-apis/6565/

What I would do though, is post your query regarding the CSVs in a separate topic to make things easier to find for others - and easier to track.

p.s. I don’t work for QuickFile, I’ve just been here long enough to know how hard @Glenn and the team work to keep on top of changes, bugs and new features etc

3 Likes

@Davuart the Lloyds issue is a pain, but you shouldn’t have any problems downloading and uploading a QIF file. Without going into too much detail we’ve had specific problems with Lloyds issuing 2 different CSV formats and prior to that sporadic cases of malformed CSVs.

The easiest advice to give at the time was to switch to QIF, which Lloyds & QF fully support. The alternative was to have multiple options for different Lloyds formats which would have ended up being more confusing. We will have another look shortly to see if things have normalised.

I’m just finding this now, on a random browse through the forum. Did I miss a separate email about this? If you didn’t email out all users, it might be an idea as not everyone checks the forum. :confused:

Anyway, just wanted to add that I’ve been expecting this and am amazed that you managed to hold it off so long.

I personally have been blown away by how good QF is, and I recommend it to friends and customer’s alike! It’s a breeze to use, great functionality, and brilliant support.

I should just add, I’m a former Sage trainer, and I would never go back!

3 Likes

Hi Glenn
Just noticed this thread that you will be charging 45 plus vat for each L or XL accounts I have set all my clients up on there emails and set up accounts so they can add transactions onto quick file but 95% dont do anything so would this be cheaper for me to move all these accounts on to affinity program and if so how much will the charges be so I can recharge my clients the use of the licence or do you charge me and the clients?That is if I change the account over to my affinity program or do you charge client with the email address as well as me on affinity?.Don’t think I have explained this very well but I hope you get the picture and can advise.Jason

@jhanks1170 Affinity is a slightly different proposition to the Power User Subscription.

I’d say if you don’t need any of the features listed here (with the exception of being ad-free & the segmented P&L) then it would be more cost effective to use Affinity.

With Affinity you can also access all your managed accounts from one single dashboard, rather then store lots user credentials. You can also host shared workspaces and apply custom branding to all accounts, it’s really designed for accountants/bookkeepers.

By all means tryout Affinity, it comes with a free £10 credit and you can easily add all your existing accounts. If you don’t wish to use it after the free credit has expired there’s no obligation to do so.

There’s a little bit about the Affinity pricing here. At the moment it would charge your account on the basis of a prepaid card payment or your can setup a Direct Debit with us.

What does this part mean? “charge your account on the basis of a prepaid card payment”

Sorry, this is only relevant to Affinity… I meant that you can make a card payment to add a prepaid balance to the account. Any Affinity costs are then just calculated and deducted from that pre-payment.

There’s a more detail guide on how the billing for Affinity works here.

Glenn

I look after the invoicing for my local charity run Village Hall and use Quickfile through your site we currently have a medium status. Is there any plans to charge further down the line and if so what are they as we are a not-for-profit charity how will this affect us.

We understand you need to pay for stuff just hoping it will still be affordable for us in the future and we can forward plan any charges. As cant fault Quickfile and I have recommended it to other hall committee’s and the Rural community council of essex who advise village halls.

Austin
Barnston Village Hall
Booking Clerk

We have no plans to introducing any sort of charge for accounts that are graded Medium or below. If the account (based on the number of entries) becomes Large or Extra Large then there will be a requirement to obtain a Power User Subscription that will cost £45 + vat per annum.

You can check your account size and how close you are to the “Large” thershold (+1000 ledger items) in Account Settings >> Company Settings.

So there is no discounted price on this for not-for-profit charities then?
Overall from a business point of view I can see no problem with charge but as for a charity only making 8000-10000 a year before expenses (of staff, materials, phone, website, improvements, maintenance, gas, electric, insurance. Etc.)
We will need to look at by committee when we get to that stage. how will you know when you get to that stage will it block you for the site?

We don’t currently have a discounted scheme for charities but we can potentially look at this in the future.

If you suddenly hit the limit and need an extension we can easily add an extra 3-5 days to your account.