Important changes affecting “Large” and “Extra Large” accounts

We don’t currently have a discounted scheme for charities but we can potentially look at this in the future.

If you suddenly hit the limit and need an extension we can easily add an extra 3-5 days to your account.

Very happy to pay £45. Very excited to see new features implementation :smile:

2 Likes

Hi Glenn,

Could you let me know if you will be receiving an invoice for the subscription soon?

Thank you

Vicky

@opengenius if you have purchased a subscription you will be able to download or print a copy of the VAT invoice by going into Account Settings >> All settings >> QuickFile Credit Manager.

Thanks for your reply. We havn’t paid yet. How do we go about doing that?

If you go into the Help menu then Additional Services.

You will then see an option there to obtain a Power User Subscription.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Hi Glenn, Firstly I would like to say a big thanks to all of you who have created Quickfile! After using an excel spreadsheet for my very small accounts for the last 5 years I felt it time to move to an easier account management system and came across yours! Hence now I use this and have informed my accountant to use it as well!

I have just logged onto my accounts and had a pop up informing me of the new changes for large and xlarge businesses and thought "oh that does not apply to me as my business is VERY small with about 17 transactions taking place during Oct!!! I went to the company settings and was shocked to see my Account size was classed at XL with over 5000 ledger items in the last 12 rolling months. Now I can only assume this has happened due to the fact that in the last year I have entered ALL my accounts onto the system from when my company started in 2008 which would probably explain the XL rating!!!

Could this be the case and would there be any leeway in respect of the fact that a new user with a very small business has entered all her accounts onto the system in one year?! I fully understand the need for charging and although it is a nominal amount for large and xlarge businesses, for a small business like mine it is a lot of money especially when paying out accountants fees as well!!!

If you could let me know whether the XL rating could be due to the fact that I have started using your system and added EVERYTHING on in the last year that would be a start and maybe you could private message me about the rest?!

Much appreciated and great product aswell… my life is even easier due to it! :kissing_heart:

@Flubbles

Firstly I am glad to hear that QuickFile is making the accounting a little easier for you.

The size of the account is based the number of ledger entries over a rolling 12 month period, this includes bank transactions, journals and any associated ledger postings you have on sales or purchase invoices.

If you bulk upload data then it will likely push you into a higher bracket until that activity slides out of the 12 month window. Storing data long term is still a cost for us so we need to take this into account. Unfortunately I can’t do anything about the first year subscription but I would imagine that in subsequent years you will not need to maintain a subscription with us.

1 Like

As a registered search & rescue charity, are we able to apply to you for continued free use? If so, how can we do this?

Hi @Matt,

If your account is XS, S, or M, then you don’t need to do anything. If however, it’s a L or XL, then the charge will apply from 1st December.

As per @Glenn’s post above, a discounted scheme for charities isn’t currently in place.

http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/important-changes-affecting-large-and-extra-large-accounts/8260/42?u=parker1090

Hi Glenn,
Please note we do not have a company credit card therefore would want to pay the GBP54.00 Power user fee directly into a bank account of your choosing is this possible?

Regards Damian.

@Matt for registered charities we will be providing a 50% discount on our annual fee. If you PM me your Charities Commission number we will set this up for you.

@damndit I will send you a private message with our banking details, it will however take a little longer for us to verify bank transfers but we should be able to get that implemented within a day.

1 Like

I’ve just seen this popup when I logged into my dashboard, It’s the first I’ve heard of it, So didn’t get an email.

I’ve not got a problem with the yearly fee, But it would be great to have Mobile/Tablet support, I was gutted when you retired your iPhone receipt uploader… Is there any plans to make the system more mobile friendly?

James

Glen
I wanted to ask I run a garden maintenance business and currently had to take a couple of months off due to family issues. Will I loose data if I choose not to suscribe now and do it in the new year when I start back? Just wanted to ask what will happen

@Jsmith9114 mobile will be a part of our future development plans although we have no intention of building native apps, as I’ve mentioned in other discussions it’s massively expensive and is effectively like building a parallel version of QuickFile for every device. We are however looking to develop QF to be more responsive in the browser. The iPhone app solved a particular problem that leverages the components of the phone (i.e. the camera), it was still inferior compared to dedicated document capture apps, but it did perform a function you can’t achieve in the browser. Unfortunately it become cost prohibitive to keep it inline with iOS updates at that time, but we will revisit this.

@Austin_Powell_A we will not be aggressively deleting accounts in the next 6 months, we don’t have any systems for purging accounts in this way. It’s likely however that we will eventually start this process but not within the next 6 months.

More than happy to pay £45.00, it’s well worth it, just checking though, by paying for the first year are we agreeing to a contract for a specified length of time ie: 5 years ?

@Pippa no there is no long term contract. Although there would be an admin fee set against any refund for cancellations made before the expiry of the subscription (12 months).

Glen thought this was £45 you mentioned nothing about Vat on top which means it is £54 for members who are unaware

It was mentioned as ex-vat on the dashboard pop-up message, although I’ve just edited the original post here to be 100% clear.

Hi Glenn (and all), I should start saying I agree with the new rule and as pointed by other members, it is a small fee that the Large/Extra Large businesses can easily absorb and enjoy a more complete product.
However I am a one man band and due to the way QF calculates account sizes and the way I deal with my transactions I find myself just inside the “Large” range.
This is not a complaint but rather a request for advice on how to change things on my end to better reflect my business.
I am a contractor and usually issue one invoice per month. However, most of my entries are of personal expenses with meals (I log each meal separately on my director’s loan account) and pay for my transport with the company’s bank card, so anything between 2 - 5 entries per day.
If I changed that to a monthly meal allowance and one transport allowance I imagine it would bring me more in line with my company’s size I image (besides freeing me the trouble of uploading meal receipts!). Is that acceptable from the accounting perspective? Is there a more effective way?

Thanks,

Renato