Important changes affecting “Large” and “Extra Large” accounts

Hi.

A few questions.

Agree that £45 + VAT is reasonable. I’m wondering though if it would be possible to pay monthly or quarterly subscription (e.g. via direct debit) rather than paying one sum annually? As a small company (revenue wise) it would really help not to have to pay the

I notice that there’s a discounted rate for registered charities? Does this also apply to Community Interest Companies? These are also not-for-profit organisations. They do make money, but are designed for the benefit of the community, and all profits are put back into the community for social good. So a little different from a charity, but being a not-for-profit, I’m wondering if the discounted rate also applies?

Also, I note someone else asked if an email went out about this. I’m just wondering the same, I don’t remember receiving anything, and found out by accident. I’m hoping there’s not more in the same situation, that suddenly find themselves without access to their account in early December.
Apologies if an email was received and I missed it - I guess there’ll always be some who don’t receive it.

Cheers
Amanda

1 Like

We are planning to implement a monthly payment option, although this is likely to be later in 2016.

At the moment we only intend to offer a 50% discount for registered charities, this makes it relatively easy for us to administer without the admin associated with the verification process becoming too burdensome. Even without a discount we remain around 50% cheaper than most of our competitors.

We announced this change in August, and any forum subscribers should have been notified through the digest emails. We’ve also ran a month long in app message on the dashboard. We stopped short of sending out a full mailer mostly due to the difficulty in responding to a possible deluge of questions, we are only a small team here.

With that said we will not suddenly throw up a barrier to prevent people who were unaware from accessing their account. When the time comes there will be a defer option that anyone can use to gain instant access without immediately purchasing a subscription.

Thanks Glenn.

How long will the defer option last, just in case we are struggling to pay at that time?

1 Like

@mmt 7 days is what we have set the defer period to.

Ok thank you.

(Post must be 20 characters, so this is filler) :smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Glenn I’m trying out Quickfile for our scout group as I think the project tagging will lend itself very well to our needs of reporting restricted and unrestricted funding and keeping track of income/spending for activities. However with approximately 50+ transactions running through out bank account every month I believe we’ll likely tip over to being chargeable.

All Scout Units are independent charities. However, many scout groups in England and Wales are not required to register with the Charity Commission as they have been ‘excepted’ by a ruling of the Charity Commission. We are one of these groups which means we do not have our own registered charity number (and it is not permissible to use our District/County/The Scout Association’s number as our own). We do have an HMRC charity reference number, if that is any use. Would we likely be able to benefit from your charity discount rate?

Thanks,
Christina

1 Like

@Xina I’m afraid for now we don’t plan to extend our 50% discount policy to non-registered charities. Mainly for the reasons I mentioned further up.

Hi there somehow I missed this initial notification! While I think 45pounds is very reasonable, I am really surprised to see I am in the L category. We just dont have that many transactions. How does that work? I have drilled down and I still cant quite add it up.
Secondly, so when is the actual changeover - will we receive a notification that we need to pay within a certain time frame? Just dont want to miss paying (and naturally dont want to pay too soon…:slight_smile: )

1 Like

The switch over is scheduled for tomorrow, but there will be a 7 day defer option.

We are also developing a backing report for the account size calculations, we anticipate that this will be ready in the next few days.

Cool thanks. Theres VAT on it so will do it right now.

1 Like

How do I get an VAT receipt for it?

1 Like

See post 45 in this thread:

4 Likes

I took the defer option to finish my morning checks before fetching my credit card and now can’t find an option to upgrade. Do I need to wait until next Tuesday before uprading or have I missed something (or is something not showing on Firefox)?

1 Like

@FolkLondon The defer options sets up a 7 day trial subscription. You can either wait for this to expire or I can send you a direct renewal link.

@Glenn please send me a direct renewal link

1 Like

We don’t mind paying for the charge in principle. However, the first we knew of this was trying to login this morning to find a “Pay up now” message.

A bit of warning, like an email, would have been nice.

1 Like

Hi,

Just logged in and discovered that my account has been identified as large, so I couldn’t log into it. I deferred it for 7 day to get access. Followed the instructions and discovered that I have 1820 ledger entries for that past 12 months. I have a bank freed from Barclays and that’s all I do in the account. Every couple of months I log in to tag entries and that’s it. There are 222 entries in total for the last 12 months. How is my account showing 1820 ledger entries? I don’t understand.

So less than 20 bank entries a month pushes you into the large bracket? If someone can explain how I’m creating these extra ledger entries that I clearly don’t need.

Ollie

1 Like

Hi @andrewjohnson

The announcement was made on August 13th at the top of this topic. There was also a message in place for a number of weeks informing users when they logged in too - was this not the case?
The announcement was also made public on Twitter.

@Ollie - Do you issue invoices and log purchases on your account too, as this also counts towards the ledger count

@andrewjohnson There is an option to defer for 7 days.

We published and stickied this to our forum in August and ran a month long dashboard warning, as well as publishing on Facebook/Twitter. You should have been included on the forum digest emails that went out in August.

@Ollie invoices and bank entries each create a double entry posting, so this would likely explain the difference. In the next couple of days we will be publishing a backing reports so you can see where and when the nominal entries where created.

Hi,
I don’t issue any invoices. Just download my bank entries on the feed. Then tag them once in a while. Not sure what you mean my log purchases. Unless something is downloaded from the bank feed, then I don’t do anything else in the site.

So even with doubling the bank entries that makes 444 entries for the last 12 months.

Ollie

1 Like