Important changes affecting “Large” and “Extra Large” accounts

I can confirm that we don’t read the forum as a rule and have a number of users, none of which had any warning on their logins. Personally I don’t do Facebook/Twitter but I doubt the others follow quickfile on their either.

So yes, this was the first any of us knew about it.

1 Like

‘their accounts’ I mean’t. Sorry.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for that. I went in and counted what was in there. There are 13 sections that have activity. I totalled the item count up and it came to 222. One of those was the current account which I already guessed at 222. So that would make a total 444. So even if I double that it’s 888. What am I missing?
Ollie

1 Like

Please send a direct renewal link.

1 Like

Hi @Ollie,

Please accept my apologies, there was an error in my previous post, so I’ve removed it. I believe @Glenn has contacted you and will help clarify this for you.

If you require any further help, please let us know.

@Ollie One caution regarding the Chart of Accounts method is it’s not going to give you an accurate count in all cases as it reports on bookkeeping dates not entry dates, which is what we use internally. Also if you had rows without balances you’re missing ledger items that effectively balance to zero. In some cases creditor/debtor control will balance to zero but still can have hundreds of entries.

Check your private messages, as I have provided a more accurate backing report. Also as mentioned further up we will get the backing report for all users, hopefully by the end of today.

if i run accounts for clients and I dont have there card details can i buy the licence and then issue them with my invoice as your licence.Just that I have about 8 to do now so will it stop my payment if i buy them?

1 Like

Hi @jhanks1170

Are you using an Affinity account? If so, they are excluded from the Power User Subscription charge.

However, if not, as long as it’s paid (regardless of method), then the account will remain active (even after the 7 days deferral period).

We don’t store any card details and the payment should go through all OK. You would however need to log into each account and upgrade them individually.

If you need help, please let me know.

Hi i use QF to run my business day to day with will be ending 31st December 2015 as I have just set up a new LTD company and will starting Accounts from day one which I do not mind paying the £45 + VAT.

The big Question I have if i dont Subscribe how can i look up my data in my old Business.
as I will still need to do my VAT return end of December and my year end

Regrds Adrian

1 Like

@onecall If you have multiple accounts you would like to retain access to then you could link them to Affinity. This is billed on a monthly basis so when you no longer need access to the sole trader company you can remove it from your Affinity dashboard.

You can create a new Affinity account here. You then just need to connect your existing account to your Affinity dashboard.

Well that was a bit of a shock this morning (01-12-15). Not that I have any problem with paying a subscription, I think QF is well worth £45 +VAT, but a bit of notice would have been nice. (I’m not a forum user, only signed up to the forum today because of this).

I did not see any notification in my dashboard until I logged in today to make an invoice for a client, so I could do nothing but defer for 7 days.

So, anyway I am happy to pay, I went to Help - Additional Services, it tells me I have ‘Full Power User Subscription for one week usage’ but no option to pay.

Have I missed something (else)?

Dave

2 Likes

Hi @JJR

We’ll have to send you a direct link to subscribe - bear with me, and we’ll get this sorted for you.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for your help

Dave

1 Like

Thank you very much Glenn

1 Like

Hi @JJR

I’ll send you a PM regarding this now - look out for the little green notification in the top right by your avatar

All done, thanks very much.

Dave

2 Likes

Just a quick update,

We now have a backing report that you can access from Account Settings >> Company Settings. Just click the magnifying glass adjacent to the ledger count.

There are two tables in this report, the first one shows where the postings have been made (i.e. to which nominal account). The second table shows the activity over the last year, i.e. when the entries were created.

Please note: that the account size is determined by when entries on QuickFile were made rather than the date of those entries. For example if you upload a CSV bank statement today for entries in 2013 they will form part of the nominal ledger count for the last 12 months.

Hi

I have not been prompted to pay for our account which I was expecting as its the 1st December. We were notified a few times when we logged in a month or so ago but nothing since. How do I set up a DD payment to you for this service, which is brilliant by the way and have no problem paying for this and we can claim the VAT back. thank you.

Hi @eftlizzie

Thank you for the feedback on the software!

I’ll send you a PM now on how to pay, however we don’t have a direct debit option at this moment in time.

Look out for the little notification in the top right hand corner of the forums

A single sales or purchase invoice fully paid up (e.g. where you import a bank entry, tag it as payment to/from a supplier/customer, and create a new invoice) would by my reckoning generate four ledger entries if you’re not VAT registered and 5 if you are, e.g. for a sales invoice:

• Creating the invoice
    • Cr General Sales - the VAT-exclusive invoice total
    • Cr Sales Tax Control - the total amount of VAT
    • Dr Debtors Control - the total invoice amount including VAT
  • Logging the payment
    • Cr Debtors Control - the amount paid
    • Dr Bank/Cash/PayPal/whatever - the bank account that received the payment

If the payment came via a merchant account like PayPal then there will be another two ledger entries when you actually receive the money (Cr PayPal merchant account/Dr Bank), so you can see that it quickly adds up. A combined total of four sales and purchases per week for a VAT registered business or five for a non-VAT business is enough to push you into the “large” bracket.

2 Likes