Importing Clients Again

Is it possible to import the client list again after already importing them once before? I have just noticed that the contact details have not come through when I imported last time. Alternatively, can I just import the missing details into my existing client list?

I’m afraid it would only work by removing all the clients and importing again. If you try to import again it will just skip over all the records as there’s already a matching client with that name.

Thank you. I have also imported the sales invoices but they are currently left as drafts. If I delete the clients, will the invoices be deleted aswell? I want to avoid any sales remaining on the ledgers after I have deleted the client so when I imported them again they will have a zero balance and I can import the sales invoices again.

If they are draft invoices they won’t appear on the ledgers, I believe they will still be visible following client deletion so you may have to manually delete them after removing the clients (50 at a time).

Are you in a position instead to do an account wipe? This will remove all accounting records on your account, obviously not suitable if you have other data in there you need to retain, any invoice customisation and bank accounts will remain.

Thank you but I do have a substantial amount of purchase data on there now. Luckily there are not that many clients so I may just go into each one and update their info. I have tried to modify a client but I couldn’t find the field to enter in their email address, can you advise me where to find that please?

Have a look here under adding contact details, it’s in the main contact detail page:

http://help.quickfile.co.uk/main/1/add_a_client.htm#04