Improve transaction matching when importing a statement

I regularly import records where we have multiple transactions of the same value and date but different clients - the matching algorithm consistently suggests matches to the wrong transaction - can the matching be enhanced to allow match by value, date & description (start of word/whole word/full description set as an option in settings

Thank you for your suggestion. We’ll leave this thread open for other community members to comment and add their vote.

We’ll keep an eye on the thread too, and if there is enough interest, we’ll take a closer look.

Just to clarify, are you getting a large number of potential matches here?

Have you tried using the “Assign to client” option? Or do you strictly need to filter by description?

The assign to client option will allow you to filter down to a specific client and match to an exact invoice.

No its on import of a new statement when it finds a matching transaction

OK if it’s related to bank statement imports then yes the duplicate checking is performed by reference to matching dates and amounts, the description is not considered.

I’m not sure how we’d allow a setting to be configured to allow partial description matching, this would need to be unique for different transactions. We could allow an optional setting that flags duplicates based on value, date & exact description, I’m not really sure how else we could handle this without it getting excessively complex?

A post was split to a new topic: Barclay’s Feed only importing some transactions

I wasn’t suggesting a setting for partial description matching - the descriptions are definitely different - the setting was to enable/disable the additional description matching so unless you turn it on functionality would remain unchanged.

Leave this with me and we’ll see what can be done!