Invoice suffix

Hello,

Is there any way to change suffix for my next Invoices?
I mean this: http://snap.ashampoo.com/9zK0z9lr

Hi @gicu

You can manually override the invoice number when you create your next invoice. The system will pick this up and carry on that sequence.

However, changing the sequence is generally advised against. Often, HMRC likes to see a clear sequence.

Ok, thank you for the advice.

I recently changed my self-employment name (company) so I only like to change suffix according to my new name but I will keep numeration going.

Is that all right?

I can’t really advise on what would be right or wrong in these cases. But I can say that HMRC likes clear sequential invoice numbering. As long as it’s clear (e.g. only the suffix has changed), I can’t see there being an issue, but I’m not the taxman. If it went from 00001 to ABC032, then it would certainly could be an issue.

I also wanted to clarify if it’s just your registered/trading name that’s changed? For example, it’s not a new business or you haven’t switched from Sole Trader to Limited Company?

Yep, just a trading name has changed - still same business.
I am self-employed.

That’s OK then :wink:

If you had changed to a limited company, you would need a new QuickFile account, but you should be all OK the way you are seems it’s just a name change.

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile: I appreciate your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.