"Items for invoice x" is not updated in reports

Upon creating an invoice with X as the invoice number, then successfully changed to Y, X is not changed to Y when viewing the profit/loss report and drilling down into nominal codes.

Yes the system will always retain the original invoice number on the nominal ledger entry. The link will however take you to the invoice preview with the updated number. It has always worked like that due to some performance issues updating that table on every invoice save event. Making those checks every time adds a lot of latency to the whole system.

You can force it to acquire the new invoice number by deleting the itemised line and re-entering it.

For now I’ve referred this to our db admin to see if there’s a more efficient way of doing this. Unfortunately I can’t promise any imminent changes here.

EDIT:

I’m going to mark this as solved. We made a change to our update procedure a few days back that allows us to detect invoice number changes and update the ledger entries accordingly. We can’t retrospectively change earlier entries but going forward it should work as suggested.

Thank you very much for the update; I appreciate this.