Lloyds upload corrupted?

I have tried twice this morning to upload a Lloyds qif file.

I get some importing but no credits (except for one Lloyds interest credit) and many of the debits are referenced wrong. In fact they are referenced as credits and the references are all a bit weird looking anyway.

Help!

PS also, Lloyds have given the direction to add the .qif to the downloaded file. Surely this seems very wrong?

Hi @notanaccountant

I’d like to think that they would add .qif to the file name already for you - does seem a bit odd that they ask you to add it.

Are you able to download a csv file from Lloyd’s? They are generally easier to use.

It’s also possible that Lloyd’s have changed something in their files that we’re not aware of. If you wish, you can send it to me in a private message and I’ll take a look for you?

I’ve got this problem with a client as well. Lloyds QIF files just upload the whole period into one transaction on QF, and the system says not to use CSV with Lloyds because of a known issue.
He’s using a MAC and the file just downloads as unknown file with no file extension.
It all used to work perfectly…probably Lloyds fault!

Hi Matt,

Any thoughts on this? I’m reluctant to try the csv if QF says not to.

The csv issues were from a while ago. There would be no harm in trying them. Even if they don’t work using the “Lloyd’s” option from the drop down box, we should be able to get it working using the “Other” option.

I’d recommend trying it on an empty bank account, so if it doesn’t work, you can correct it easily. If it doesn’t work, you’re welcome to send me a copy of the csv and/or qif files in a private message, and I’ll have a look and get it working for you :slight_smile:

Hi Matt,

Ummmmmm, see attached.

Unable to upload statement correctly from Lloyds in QIF format. It uploads but some transactions get jammed together in single lines and everything is wrong.

Here are the beginning of the file including first two transactions of the QIF file

!Type:Bank
D01/09/2016
PTFL
T-11.5
^
D01/09/2016
PE CA
T-30
^

Looks fine but sometime I get some transactions tagged like this where this get messy; notice the date on the right…

D30/08/2016
PE RD 29AUG16
T-20
^

Seems like there is an issue with the file formating… Since the system is not compatible with CSV apparently I am now completely stuck.

Any idea ? Please Im really in the corner there. Is it a Lloyds issue ? Anyone having issues with Lloyds ?

Used to work just fine a month ago.

Thank you

Hi @OneTwoOneTwo

It does appear that Lloyd’s have changed a thing or two. Having dealt with @notanaccountant on the same issue, we did get a CSV upload to work, so it’s worth trying this to see if you can get it working too. CSV files are much easier to try and fix.

Firstly, download the file from Lloyd’s. However, the file itself is invalid as Lloyd’s adds an additional character to the end of the first line. So, for the file to work you will need to fix it (which is easy and quick to do)

You can either:

1. Open the file in notepad or another text editing program (although nothing as complex as Microsoft Word), and remove the comma from the end of the first line - it should end as “Balance” rather than “Balance,”
  2. The other option is to open the file in Excel, and just save it. Excel actually corrects the format for you. Be sure to save it as a .csv (just pressing ‘Save’ will do this for you), and confirm this warning (which means anything colours etc. adding Excel will be deleted):

And then you can upload the CSV by selecting ‘Halifax’ as the bank type.

I have also referred this to our dev team to see if we can enable the Lloyd’s uploaded again and put a fix in place. However, I don’t have any timescales at the moment. We will keep you updated on the forums.

Let me know if you need further help :slight_smile:

Thank you, removing the comma and uploading as Halifax did it for now :slight_smile: Looking forward to a fix.

1 Like

Ok, thanks, I will give this a try. What a trauma - banks are a pain!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.