Measure profit on estimates

I really wish we had some optional hidden Columns on Estimates,

The additional Columns we would like

Buy Price | SKU | Markup %

We would like to be able to put the unit buy price in then enter a Markup as a % which would be auto-calculated in Sale price.

It would also allow management to make sure we are making the appropriate profits on sales.

It would be great to be able to run a report based on Invoiced estimates showing profit per owner (staff member that made the sale) We could then pay them a bonus based on their sale).

Hi @MearTechnology

Thank you for your suggestion.

I think buy price and SKU is more related to a stock system than an accounting platform, so it’s not something I think we would be able to accommodate. You may be able to achieve the same effect by using an integration through Zapier or the API. We’re more than happy to help with either of these if you do look at that route.

There’s a few threads on recording this. There isn’t an exact way of doing it within QuickFile, but there are workarounds. Take a look at some of these:

Hope that helps!

its nothing to do with stock we dont carry stock it is just a way of knowing how much something was when we quoted and what we quoted for.

In IT prices change regularly they and there may be 3 different SKU that are very similar. I would like to know what was actually quoted when the client places the order and what price it was at that time.

We get round this with CSSand hidding info on the page but it is far from ideal. I am unable to measure our profitability accurately at this stage on sales of hardware, software and services.

We’ll leave this thread open, and as per other feature requests, we’ll keep an eye on it to see if there is further interest from the community before looking into this further.