Monthly EC Sales List Submission

I need to submit monthly EC Sales Lists instead of quarterly because I’ve exceeded the limit of £40k per quarter. Is there a way to do this through Quickfile. Currently it seems to be tied into the quarterly VAT returns. Isn’t there a way to just submit EC Sales list monthly independent from the VAT Return?

Also, I noticed you discussed this problem in 2013 but there seems to be now followup on it:

http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/ec-sales-lists-reports/248

Just as this person, I’m also required to submit monthly.

The ECSL option appears only when the VAT return has been filed and should assume the same dates as the VAT return. Have you tried this?

Always check the figures on the ECSL before submitting, but from what our engineer has told me it should work fine.

yes, that works fine.

The problem is, some companies have to submit EC Sales List monthly but not VAT returns. This means your system does not allow for just submitted the EC Sales list as it requires you to first submit a VAT return which is only done quarterly.

I see… so it doesn’t look like we’ll be able to support this scenario right now. Although I have escalated this to the development team to see if it can be implemented. Unfortunately I can’t promise anything at this stage, but I will update this thread if we are able to move forward on this.

Replying to this here as I face the same situation.

Monthly EC sales list submissions are required, but unable to do this as VAT returns are quarterly.

Im assuming at present I should file these manually…

Hi @Oggie

Yes, manually would be the way to do this for the moment. Unfortunately it’s not something we support right now.

Hi, since last few months we are now required to submit monthly EC sales list irrespective of the turnover threshold. So I assume all businesses that export to EU will be required to submit this report on monthly basis. It will be great to see QF to add more flexibility to reports for EC sales between dates rather than tied to VAT return as that report cannot be used anymore.

1 Like

I also suspect that EC sales list is not working properly when a credit note is raised. The EC sales list totals do not add up to VAT return (& calculations) totals. It seems a credit note raised outside the period for which VAT return if filed is being reported in real time in the EC sales. I dont know if this should be locked like a VAT return & any subsequent returns should come be accounted for in the next submission.

1 Like