Moving GoCardless from 3rd Party

I have spent some time recently moving GoCardless from a 3rd party to recurring subscriptions in QF. All will be revealed on 1st October when the invoices are active.
As a comparison I placed a couple of invoices directly with GC marking them for collection on 1st October. To my surprise GC has started processing these invoices on 26th September but QF has not processed the invoices assigned to them.
Is there a reason for this? Luckily I prefer QF’s approach!

Could it be so that the payment is received on the 1st, so the process is started 3-5 days before the collection date?

I’d need to be clearer on what you’re doing here? Did you setup a subscription directly on GoCardless? This wouldn’t automatically feed through to QuickFile. The way QF works with GC is based on first setting up a Direct Debit pre-authorisation from QF that will allow you to collect funds from your client via our own recurring invoice system, or ad-hoc. It’s all explained in full here.

What the integration doesn’t do is automatically import all your activity initiated directly from GC. In other words it’s not a data-feed.

Hope that makes sense, let me know if you need any clarification.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.