Multi-Currency Import Sales Invoices

Hi,

I would like to use the “Import Sales Invoices” to import a sale in a different currency.

I have multi-currency enabled with the currencies I wish to use, in the Account Settings.

How would I go by setting the currency of the ‘gross’ invoice to use in an Import?

I’ve converted this to a feature request for now, this is not something we currently support I’m afraid but should there be sufficient interest we can explore this further.

Thank you for your response.

Are there any potential work-arounds to this? Such as is there a way to bulk-edit invoices to change their currency?

Are they invoices that have been paid? Do you need to report a currency loss/gain?

I created two Bank Accounts in QuickFile, one is PayPal and the other is PayPal (USD) which is set to be USD currency, this is because I do not exchange the dollars into pounds - so I basically hold the USD in my PayPal account to pay for expenses that are in USD (this saves me paying fees for converting GBP to USD by Lloyds Bank).

My objective is to export all the payments received on PayPal and then import them to automatically generate the invoices + the customers. I specify the PayPal (USD) bank account nominal account number when a payment received is in USD, and like-wise for GBP payments received.

Essentially a ‘payment’ is an invoice. I am not sure if I need to report currency gain/loss - however, I assume I do not have to since invoices are generated upon payment. There isn’t a case where I would generate an invoice and wait for payment (which is where I understand currency gain/loss applies).

One thing I was going to suggest if you do not need to report any currency variations is to upload the invoices to a bank account then bulk tag to invoices from there.

Just for the record - when I try to Import Invoices to a USD bank account, it says “Error at line 1: Paid bank account nominal code should be a UK bank account.”

I really hope this is something you can consider implementing very soon; I truly would not mind paying towards it. It is the only thing that stops me from using QuickFile.

This was implemented a short while ago. You can view more details in this topic:
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/importing-foreign-currency-invoices-from-a-csv/3657/6?u=qfsupport

And also our knowledge base:
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/importing-sales-and-purchase-invoices/8885#3