Natwest facelift removes "export to Quickfile" button

If there has been a significant change to the Natwest layout then yes we will need to update the Chrome extension.

Unfortunately we no longer have a Natwest account internally to test or verify this. We will make arrangements to setup on account, but it’s quite likely that this may take two weeks to resolve.

Morning! We have the Natwest Bank Feed plug in and have been using for about 8 months with no problems, this morning when we logged on Natwest asked us to download some additional spyware that is not covered by Mcafee and Norton etc and ever since then the statements do not download to quickfile… I can log in using the bank feed plug in but usually when it starts downloading automatically to quickfile it now just stops and only gives me the option to download to Excel etc. Has anybody else had this issue, is it linked to the additional natwest security software? and if so is there a way around using this now or can we not use the bank feed with the new security software?

@littlelotty see my comment above. It’s most likely a small change to their user interface that has broken our feed. We will look to setup an account so that we can further test the changes.

Thanks for the quick reply Glenn, Ill await your further instruction :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to export to quickfile from my Natwest personal account. I’ve done this many times, but now I cannot see the Quickfile button on Natwest to export the data. Is there a problem now with importing data from Natwest Bank?

Hi @Chani

Please see the above thread. There is currently a known issue. A fix is currently being worked on

@admin1 @littlelotty @Chani @flauntys

We have now resolved the export function on the bank feed.

Apologies for the delay although in future things should be much quicker. 95% of the delay was due to getting an account opened.

Thanks Glenn. We noticed this appeared this morning. Nice to see it matches the Natwest styling too :smile:

1 Like

nat west bank feed still not working… no quickfile drop down at top of screen and export button says key incorect

this is the error I’m getting when trying to export
Incorrect account number or authentication key. Please ensure you have enabled file imports on your Quick File account and the credentials supplied are correct.

The drop down at the top of the screen appears providing you don’t have Natwest remembering your customer number.

That message is not related to Natwest but our server cannot validate the authentication key. Have you checked the key you have saved in the plugin settings matches what is shown in your account? Ensure there are no extra spaces at the beginning or the end if your pasting in.

Account Settings >> 3rd Party Integration >> Bank Feeds

Glenn, the Natwest bank feed is actually working for me, but the Chrome Quickfile bank feed extension will not remember my Quick File Import Key or my Natwest Password, why is that? I have to enter manually each time…

It should remember the “Import key”, but it will never remember the password. The password will always need to be filled manually so that all your credentials are not in one place.

In my case it’s pre-filling the import key, have you got any extensions or form filling switched on that may be interfering?

It might be lastpass interfering, thanks I’ll have a look. My natwest password is a pain to enter as its complex, so I guess I’ll have to put it somewhere else where I can quickly cut n paste.

I have tried a couple of times, over the last few weeks to export from my Natwest bank feed to my Quickfile, but a message pops up saying “Export failed! There are no transactions in this export”

There are definitely transactions that were done, why is this happening?

Hi @Chani

We’re not aware of any issues or changes with NatWest recently.

Has it worked up until now?

I have tried again this morning to export from Natwest account to QF and this is the message that came up

I have managed to download to QF from Santander and HBC banks, but Natwest keeps on failing. Why is this happening?

When things break with the chrome plugin, chances are, it’s down to a small change in the way NatWest present their data - not necessarily visually, but rather in code (which is what the plug in reads).

I’ll ask our development team to take a look and try it, and will update you shortly.

Hi is there any more news when we can expect to be able to export to quickfile from nat west please?

Hi @penny2

This thread is from February 2017, the issue was fixed shortly after my post above.