Numerical list of sales invoices

I see the latest sales invoice I’ve created has been numbered 000030 and the previous one was 000027. I can’t find any record of 000028 and 000029 at all. I’ve tried going to Sales Invoices - All Invoices - clicked on Invoice Ref to get them in numerical order & both these numbers are missing. So I clicked on Advanced Search & put in 000028 and it said No Items Found. How do I get a list of all invoice numbers generated so I can see what these numbers have been used for? Even if they’d been used for an invoice that’s been deleted surely it should still show on the records?

If they have been deleted they will need to be ‘undeleted’ before you can see them in the main invoice views.

I don’t recall creating anything with those numbers. If I had, and had deleted them, how would I find them?

At the bottom of the list, there’s 3 buttons. Click the deleted one to show any invoices deleted.

The reason they don’t disappear completely is to ensure a clear audit trail for HMRC (should they ask)

1 Like

Thanks for your help, I don’t know how I managed to miss seeing that! I’ve found them now & they were some I was experimenting on. I’ll put a note on them that that’s what I was doing - in case HMRC wants to know & I’ve forgotten!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.