One invoice in sales report differs from actual

I generated a sales_invoice.csv but one invoice shown as invoice number #628 £320+VAT in web invoice view shows as invoice #000003 £350+VAT in the report (I think that may be because it was originally an estimate which was converted ton invoice). What’s going on? Have I missed something?

Hi @llywelyn_owen

I’m a little bit confused with the invoice numbers. I can see invoice #628 on your account but can’t see invoice #000003.

Are you able to walk me through the steps you took to download a copy of sales_invoice.csv please so I can try and replicate what you’re seeing?

The sales_invoice.csv was generated thus:
Account settings / All settings / weekly-monthly backups ----> dropbox, unzipped to folder with various reports including sale_invoice.csv

Hope this helps

Hi @llywelyn_owen

That makes sense! I think I was having a moment when I originally read your first post :wink:

An estimate/quote has a different number compared to it’s final invoice, so I would believe that #000003 is the estimate/quote that you first created, with #628 being the final invoice.

If you’re ever unsure, you can go into the invoice (in your case #628) and it will tell you the number of the estimate it was converted from:

This appears at the bottom of the invoice preview screen.

I will however make a suggestion to our dev team, to see if we can have a way of differentiating them in the .csv file

Thanks, what I can’t understand though is why an invoice amount originally referenced from an estimated shows the original estimate amount rather than the actual invoiced amount in the sale_invoices report?

Was the estimate changed before or after it was converted?

It’s an independant document, so it was changed after it was converted, that would only affect the invoice

Originally an estimate for £350+VAT, converted to an invoice and changed to £320+VAT which is what the invoice now shows. I’m pretty sure it was that way around rather than estimate changed before converting. HTH

Hi @llywelyn_owen

I’ve just checked, and that’s correct. The estimate as it is now, is how it was created (£350.00). The invoice was changed to £320.00 once t5he estimate had been converted.

If you have a Power User subscription you can see the history of invoices and estimates from the ‘More options’ menu.

I hope that helps

Thanks for your help with this, I do find it strange that sales_invoices.csv include the original estimates along with the invoice itself.

I believe there’s a technical reason behind it, but as I mentioned above, I have made a recommendation to our development team to add a column to distinguish between invoices, estimates and recurring invoices. I’ll certainly keep you updated and let you know if this is added

[Edit]
@llywelyn_owen - Just a quick update to let you know we’ve now added a new column to the back ups to differentiate the types of invoices there.