One payment split between 2 suppliers?

I’ve got into a real mess a/c 6131440724
Hotel bill paid part on Co debit card and part by cash from employee.
Employee has raised an expenses claim for part of hotel bill and taxi’s, and it was paid in one payment
I created a supplier for Taxi’s and created a purchase.
I created a purchase for the hotel bill (existing supplier) and tagged the debit card entry
Now I’m trying to tag part of the expenses payment to clear the hotel remained, and part to the taxi purchase.
But I can’t see how to allocate 1 bank payment to 2 suppliers - and if QF can’t do it, how do I get out of this mess.

I have looked at a few posts on expenses and they all seem to be around owner / directors and DLA - I can’t see the right way to handle staff expenses claims for multiple items - I be pointed in the right direction please.

I see you tagged the bank transaction of £80.58 to the category “Adjustments”. Why not detag this and tag it as a payment to cover the balance on the hotel invoice? It’s a business expense, the fact that an employeed initially covered this isn’t really important from an accounting perspective.

That was a mistake, and it has been repaid. I got in a right mess !
The 105.58 has already been paid, and this is to pay both the taxi and the hotel - sorry I love QF, but expenses have got me totally confused.
Sorry.

Simplest way (if you’re regularly dealing with employee expenses) is to create a loan type bank account on QuickFile. Any payments made to cover company invoices by an employee would be paid from the expense account. When you reimburse the employee, tag that debit on the company’s current account as a transfer to the employee expense account, once settled the expense account should be back to zero.

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks for the general expenses answer. But how do I get the 2 supplier accounts cleared down using the single payment already made as expenses please ?

I worked it out :slight_smile: I paid the Purchase invoices separately in the Purchases Screen, and then in the Banking screen I deleted the orinal payment that had gone through the bank - It looks right - hopefully it is.
Thanks for the help. D.

1 Like

It sounds about right… sorry I didn’t get time to look further into this earlier.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.