PayPal payments error

Hello

I have configured one of my payment options as PayPal and when you click to pay by PayPal and it tries to open the PayPal page, I get an error message.

Can anyone help as I have met a brick wall with PayPal.

M

Hi @Mark_Howarth

I’m trying to replicate this so I can take a further look. I’ve tried on a test account, but it seems to work all OK. If you have no objections, I’d like to follow the steps on your account (although I can’t promise I’ll pay the invoice for you too ;)).

I’ve taken a look on our system and found 2 accounts linked to you, would you be able to confirm the last 3 digits of the account number please (found in the top right corner of the screen on your dashboard)?

If you’re noticing this with a particular invoice, are you able to provide me with the invoice number too please?

[Edit]
I’ve looked into this a bit further on our end, and it seems to be an account-level setting. When a client tries to pay the invoice, we send the data to PayPal based on the invoices selected etc. There is a setting in PayPal to block this and to only allow PayPal generated buttons. You would need to disable this option to allow the payments through QuickFile.

You can do this by logging into PayPal, click on ‘Profile’ in the top right hand corner and selecting ‘Profile and Setting’:

Select ‘My Selling Preferences’ on the left hand side:

And then ‘Website Preferences’:

And then turn this off:

Hope that helps!