Power User demand for payment - holding people to ransom?

I have been using quick file free option to manage the books of two businesses. Last year one of them, you decided had become a Power User and we were forced to take out a subscription, which I guess was justified as the business turnover was a fair amount, despite quickfile not offering the functionality we required - CIS.

I have now logged in today to discover the other is now requiring a subscription and have been given 3 days to pay or lose access. This is appalling! How can you give someone 3 days notice to figure out if there is a better option out there for them? Personally I find this immoral. Whilst I appreciate that you offer the free option and we have muddled through with it, as it is FREE, giving such a small notice period - and on a Friday too, feels like you are holding businesses to ransom!

To be fair, I think their pricing is clear. You can check how many nominal transactions you’ve made in any rolling 12 month period at any time, and you know that as you approach 1000 nominal entries in 12 months you’re going to need to upgrade to a paid subscription.

I’m sorry you feel that way, although we do provide all new accounts irrespective of size with 60 days free access. We also have a prominent link to our pricing page from the main homepage.

The defer period unfortunately doesn’t factor in weekends, although I will contact you to get some more info on your account, I’m sure we will be able to extend into the middle of next week.

I think it would be more straight forward if there was a warning which highlighted your usage when you logged in and gave you earlier notice, i.e you are approaching your limit.

I appreciate the extension, thank you.