Projects Reporting Privileges

Hi there,

I just wondered if I could separate the projects from the reporting section. I have a member of staff who needs to access the projects but he can also access all the financial reporting if I give him access to the full reporting section.
Is there any way around this?

2 Likes

Itā€™s all grouped together Iā€™m afraid. I will leave this open as a feature request to see if thereā€™s further interest here from other users.

1 Like

Hello,

It wouldnā€™t be a killer feature but Iā€™d definitely find it useful to have projects as a separate permission.

Richard

1 Like

I think it would be very useful as then one could have split privileges to manage projects but not access all the financial reporting, VAT, so on.
Ovidiu

1 Like

Iā€™ve just come up with a new use case for this - a person who Iā€™d really like to have access to projects but donā€™t really want to give visibility to all company finances. Is it something youā€™d plan to do? If not Iā€™ll try and think of another way round it.

1 Like

Hi @u4h37u

Iā€™ve reopened this topic to keep everything together.

This hasnā€™t been implemented Iā€™m afraid, but if thereā€™s enough interest then we will certainly look at it.

2 Likes

Very much interested in this - have 2 situations I really need this.

Thank you for re-opening the case.

1 Like

Is there any new development on this?

This missing feature (i.e. having the projects and debtor and creditor ageing report separate of all other company financing) is preventing me moving towards full use across the business.

If they could be separate, with separate rights it would be tremendous help.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @OvidiuS

Thereā€™s no news on this feature at the moment Iā€™m afraid. If there are any developments however, providing the box at the bottom of this page says ā€˜Trackingā€™, then youā€™ll receive an email from the forums when someone updates this thread.

The box to look for, should appear like this:

1 Like

Hi @QFMathew,
This aspect is becoming business critical for us, being the last obstacle in the way of fully adopting QuickFile across the business.

Is there anything at all we can do to push this through?

We love all the features of the system, but this reporting system where people having access to the projects can see full business financials prevents us taking the next step.

Many thanks,
Ovidiu

@OvidiuS I will discuss this today with our lead developer. I donā€™t see any reason why this canā€™t be done so I will provisionally mark this as planned.

All going well we should be able to implement this extra privilege within 1 week. I will keep you updated.

Many thanks. This will be tremendous help!

Iā€™m pleased to say that weā€™ve just implemented a new restriction on project access, a little quicker than I expected!

You will find this new option under ā€œBanking and reportsā€ within the privilege dialogue box.

2 Likes

@QFMathew @Glenn
Many thanks - you are really doing a fantastic job with this!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.