QIF import from HSBC France

I am having the exact same problem as this previous support topic.

http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/importing-hsbc-qif-in-foreign-currency/10455

Please could you tell me what the resolution was.

Thanks

Hi @gbhec

Looking back to the solution from the previous thread, there was a formatting issue with the file produced by HSBC (it doesn’t fit the required format that .qif files support).

The solutions in this case was to use a .csv file which imported fine. If you are able to download a CSV file from HSBC, then this will likely be the more reliable method.

If you need any further help with this, please let me know.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your response. HSBC also export in QXF but I don’t think you support this. I have tried CSV but it doesn’t show all the memo part of the description whereas the QIF does.

But when I have come to import it doesn’t seem to give you the option of importing this memo field. Is there anyway to import it or will I have to manually type into the memo field this information?

We only import one of the columns from the source file for the transaction description. In order to include the memo field I’m afraid it would first need to be merged to the description field before uploading.

When you run the upload if you select the bank as “Other” you can then manually assign the columns.

Thanks,

Does the same apply to the QIF in regard to the memo field. If QIF can import the memo field then this would be my preferred option as the CSV does not include this on the export.

I downloaded a QIF Viewer and it looks OK?

Dave

It would very much depend on the bank, it would be strange if they included some data in the CSV and not the QIF.

Regarding the importing of the QIF I would need to refer this to our development team. I will ask them to have a look and report back.

I have been advised that the issue with the QIF in this instance is related to the formatting of amounts, specifically the separation of Euros and Cents by comma rather than a decimal.

e.g. 36,90 vs 36.90

Our QIF parser doesn’t support this representation of currency amounts at the moment. I have made a recommendation that this be reviewed, although even with support for different currency formatting, we are unlikely to be able to go further to support descriptions referencing multiple data points in the QIF.

It looks like Yodlee support HSBC (France), we could therefore add you to the beta program for the new bank feed tool? Following the beta period there would however be an annual fee of £15 per year to continue using the feed. Let me know if that’s something that you’d like to do?

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for your response. It would be really good to be part of your beta programme.

I’m mainly deallng with euro so it would be very useful to get this working as it would save a lot of work and make everything a lot more efficient.

For us, the issue with the QIF in USD accounts we had at the time was that one of the references was represented twice ( the date field ). A problem in the USD QIF, which is not in the GBP QIF. I tried to contact HSBC but they just had a junior sales support person call me, who had never heard the term “QIF”. They said they would pass this to the technical team but that was the last I heard of them.

We don’t have a HSBC EUR account so I can’t comment specifically the problem is with the QIF.

The solution for us is to use CSV, which are formatted correctly. (We can download both QIF and CSV from each accounts)
The other option is to manually edit the QIF file once reason for the error is found…

In USD, CSV and QIF contain the same amount of information in the description field.

@guillaume.khw to work around some of theses formatting issues within QIFs, we are about to release a QIF to CSV converter. You can then simply run the file through the converter and manually map the columns on the upload process.

We’ll let you know when this is ready.

Thanks for the update. Will the convertor be able to merge 2 columns together on the conversion e.g. description plus memo?

The converter won’t do any column merging, although we are considering an option to merge at the point of mapping the columns.

That would be really handy as with HSBC one column says for example bacs transfer and the other column says who or payment by debit and then who. So without the merge it’s a bit cryptic and you would manually have to enter this.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.