Re: power subscription for old account

I have now two quickfile accounts. An old account that is no longer being used, for a partnership business and my new account, which was opened 6 months ago for the Limited company account that was setup for a change in business structure.
I’ve paid the power subscription for the new account but dont want to also have to pay for the old partnership account unless I have to. The latter is not being used and is only needed for the records it holds.

Would be grateful if you could advise.

Thanks
David

Do you happen to know the size of the old account? If it’s below XS, S or M it won’t require an active subscription.

Given that the account size is determined based on the rolling 12 month activity, if you’re not using the account it will eventually downgrade to a smaller size.

If it turns out that the old account is over the “L” threshold then the most cost-effective approach would be to register for Affinity. You then attach the partnership profile to your affinity account only when you need to refer to it, and detach it when you’re done, and you only pay the affinity daily rate for the days when the profile is actually attached.

In fact, you may find it is more cost effective to use affinity anyway for both your accounts, long term, unless you specifically need the additional features that a power user subscription buys you.

1 Like