Receipt Hub import issue

I have a batch of invoices that just will not bulk import to the receipt hub. I have tried adding them to my drop box folder which works routinely for all other invoices (including new ones I have added today.

I’ve also tried emailing them in from 2 different email addresses (that are both on the email forwarding list).

Neither of these things work for the batch of invoices. It’s about 100 invoices and they total about 10mb so well below the daily limit.

Somebody please help?

Thanks,

Karl

If you’re emailing them, there is a maximum of 5 per email (which works on a 5 minute basis I believe). However, I can’t comment on the Drop Box - hopefully someone from Quick File could look at this for you.

Only 5 attachments at a time will be processed via email.

For Dropbox take a look here:

http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/dropbox-isnt-working-what-you-need-to-check-for-first/405

EDIT:

If you’re still having problems let me know and I’ll take a look. You have a few accounts so I didn’t know which one to look at?

Hi Glenn,

Thanks, I had given it over a week to upload so it isn’t a time issue. I’ve just managed to import the 100+ invoices I had by email but obviously that was a pain as it was over 20 emails I had to send (can’t the 5 attachment limit be increased?).

The email upload flagged up about 15 because they had underscores in the file name (I think that was the reason) but otherwise the rest imported so I’m not sure it’s the file type unless it just stops when it gets to a file type it doesn’t like?

The account is karl@mealtek.com that this relates to.

Thanks,

Karl

We changed Dropbox a few months ago so anything imported in there should be processed within 2 minutes. In some cases the file name can cause issues, and the software will only handle certain file types and ignore everything else.

If your file is not a recongnised type it will be ignored. Here are the files we currently support: PDF Documents, Images (png, gif, jpg, tif), Word Documents (Including RTF) ,Excel Spreadsheets (Including CSV), Notepad documents and HTML documents.

If you can put something in Dropbox and leave it there as a test, if it’s still there in 5 mins let me know and we will run some diagnostics on our side to see what the issue is.

In general try to keep file names alpha-numeric, this would reduce quite a few potential issues.

Hi Glenn,

I managed to upload plenty of receipts today through dropbox. But one just sat there all day. It was a pdf, I tried changing the file name slightly (as this has got the system to work before).

That didn’t do it so I deleted the #, gave it a few minutes then also the | and it then finally uploaded.

This didn’t work for all the ones from the other day the wouldn’t upload though plus it is a bit annoying have to change filenames for all of them rather than just dragging them into the folder.

Cheers,

Karl

I wasn’t aware that a # in the file name will stop the upload? In most cases files don’t upload from the Dropbox as there’s already a file on the receipt hub (untagged) with the same name. I will check the # thing now.

EDIT:

The # didn’t seem to cause an issue when I tested. I’ll look at any other probable causes.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.