Reconcile says perfect but it doesnt match bank statement amount

Hi

I am doing paperwork for AGM. when printing off the Balance Sheet and P&L, the balance sheet is showing a different figure to the one showing on p&l, its £100 out.

The bank account on quickfile for 31st March is showing £3602.45 when the statement shows £3702.45, but when I hit the reconcile button it comes up with Perfect! I have been back over it several times.

HELP ME PLEASE!

What date range have you set in the P&L. When I check the figure in your P&L for “All accounting periods” vs the P&L figure in your BS it matches.

All the reconcile button does is check the open and close balances you manually enter against the NET of all the transactions in that period. If the final balance is still out it would indicate that there is a discrepency somewhere on your account before the period you’re reconciling.

Is there a point you can trace back to on the account where it balances? If you work forward from there you should be able to identify the exact day and transactions where it goes out of sync.

Thank you for this, I am just going to sit and have another look at it. I set the date at 1/4/2014 to 31/3/2015 on the reconcile. Thank you for your reply.

Thank you I have found the error!! I reversed the dates and found that an entry had been added for a £100 in the previous year end in error. Just to say I think this accounting system is brilliant especially for smaller orgs and charities, I promote it all the time!

Thanks again

Carole

1 Like

Thank you for the positive feedback, I will pass it on the team.

This topic was automatically closed 0 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.