Recurring Invoice template giving odd dyn var report

Doing a preview of recurring template I get odd report

This is the template
Business Fibre Subscription Monthly Fee (up to 80 Mbit/s download, up to 20Mbit/s upload, uncapped) ||DATE+1M-1D||

This the the preview ( the [ … > is in yellow )
Business Fibre Subscription Monthly Fee (up to 80 Mbit/s download, up to 20Mbit/s upload, uncapped)
[DATE+1M-1D]< /div>

OK I see some literal HTML appearing at the end.

We’ve fixed this on our development system and it should go live tomorrow. It’s only a rendering issue affecting long variables. It won’t carry over to any invoices created from that template.

Thanks for reporting!

EDIT: Should be OK now, just checked!

1 Like

Just looked in a clients control panel (from the client screen, went in to impersonate client) and I also have a recurring invoice set as [DATE] - [DATE+1M-1D]. This doesn’t seem to be parsed in the invoice as I am seeing the formula in the invoice in the clients control panel. Fairly certain this did work before this update to remove the trailing HTML, and another invoice on the same account set as [MONTH-1] does seem to be working though.

@Lurch on the one that’s not working the variables are enclosed in square brackets, whereas they need to be enclosed in double pipes.

||DATE|| - ||DATE+1M-1D||

It should work fine then… generally if on the template preview it’s not highlighting it in yellow it won’t get translated.

Here’s a little testing tool you can use in future if you have any doubts.

http://www.quickfile.co.uk/resources/recVarSandbox.aspx

Ah, maybe the square brackets are the post parsed tags and I have copied them across after previewing an existing working invoice? User error anyway, my humblest apologies!

Just checked, yep, looks like I just did a copy paste with the square brackets off the preview invoice screen.

1 Like