Sales seem to be posting to Wrong account

I am running a P&L for Jan 2016 and getting a posting of £766.81 which is posting to General Sales on my P&L and Chart of Accounts.

However there are no sales posted to General Sales & when I click on the invoice related to that there are no General sales on it.

I’m Very Confused.

Can you help?

Update

I found an option to View Nominal ledgers on the invoice and Although the invoice had posted £545.45 to Food & £222 to Drinks the nominal Ledger showed the sum £766 posted to General Sales.

I fixed it by modifying the invoice & re-selecting the correct Food & Drink Accounts

Can you please explain what I did wrong originally?

Thanks

Hi @gary_c_coughlan

The invoice defaults to General Sales for new lines.

Did you use an inventory item? These can change the category itself.

If you are able to supply an invoice number, I can have a look at it for you and see if anything stands out?

Edit
I’ve had a look at the invoice you last edited which is food related, so please correct me if that’s not the right invoice.

There was an edit on 31 January 2016, 11:16 which changed the nominal codes that the food and drinks lines were assigned to. They were changed from 4001 and 4002 to 4000 (General Sales):

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.