The Payroll site and error in entry

HI,

Just started with our first payroll run using The Payroll site.

I entered the payment via the bank feed and placed it 2220 journal net wages, I realised that I can export this straight from payroll site so I tried this and now I have a double entry in journal 2220, whilst the bank account has stayed accurate.

My questions are (1) How do I get rid of the double entry in 2220? and (2) If I export from Payroll does it not enter the payment into the bank feed?

Cheers

Hi @daveh001

The Payroll Site journal will only create entries for NI, Income Tax, Student Loan payments etc (providing you’ve provided the nominal codes to them). There’s no payment logged in your bank by the payroll site as payroll can be run on or before payday. The payment in your bank should be created on the day of payment to your employees.

Thanks,

I deleted the ‘additional duplicate entry in the journal’ - it now reads right, was this the best way?

As long as everything balances and matches what it should (e.g the correct PAYE and wages are recorded), then you should be fine :slight_smile:

If it was a duplicated entry, then removing it should be the best way to resolve it.

Thanks - it seems so…

Great support…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.